+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
@cansha please evaluate

You have been working for a company for more than a few years and have decided to leave the company. Write a letter to your company manager saying that you want to leave the company.

- what you have learned while working for the company.
- whether you enjoyed working
- what are your reasons for leaving

Dear Jack,

I am writing this letter to notify about my decision to depart from your organization.

I was a part of the company for almost 5 years and learned a lot not only from the project perspective but also from the perspective of dealing with the clients. I learnt different new technologies during my tenure, which will definitely help me in my career.

It was a great pleasure working under you and I really enjoyed my whole journey till now. I have faced no issues while working under you regards to performance, rating and bonus. Also, you were kind enough to allow me to work from home whenever I required.

Since, the current project has been handed over to our rival company, I am put on central bench from where I am getting calls for different project interviews within the organization. Although, I am getting calls they all are for support project and I do not want to move to support profile and hence decided to resign.

I hope you understand my concern.

Yours faithfully,
John Kramer.

Nov 21, 2018
Hello I am writing Letter of 14 Feb Exam Please Evaluate @cansha

Dear John,

Hi there! Hope this letter finds you in the pink of your health. It's been so long since we last met. How about watching a movie together?

A couple of days back, i saw the trailer of " URI- The surgical strike", and i found it really interesting. It's about a mission carried out by Indian army in year 2016, against suspected militants of Pakistan.

Considering the level of Patriotism you have in your heart, this movie certainly demands your time and attention. Oh wait! i forgot to tell you that the regiment of army which conducted the strike was the one in which your father had served for 25 years as an army men. It'll inject a great sense of pride in you.

Well, i won't bother you to arrange tickets, As a member of PAYTM, i'll be getting online tickets at discounted price. Is'nt it a great deal ?Let's catch up on Monday by 7 Pm at George street.Let me know if you want me to pick you up.

Do take out time, i am super excited

Lots of love
abc

Rockyrevan

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi all, kindly evaluate my essay and help me if I can get 7
In many countries, children are looked after by other's during the day as they work
Is this trend good or bad? Give examples and experiences.
In the recent years, increased cost of living and urbanisation has compelled modern parents to for earning dual income and leave their offsprings at play homes during the day and to be taken care by others.in this essay I will describe about negatives of this trend, citing reasons.
On the one hand, it is natural for the parents to keep their children with baby sitters as they are busy during the day in their respective offices. Some people say, this helps them to provide their children enough money for education in the future.
On the other hand, this trend is perilous, as leaving children with others during their tender age will leave permanent damage to their psyche and development.I know one young couple who used to leave their 1 year child with the neighbor during the day for 7 years. The child grown aggresive traits and would not listen to its parents.Moreover, there are many incidences of baby sitters behaving badly with children caught by CCTV. Hence it is advisable not to leave kids at the mercy of baby sitters.
To recapitulate, above reasons and supporting evidences make it clear that it is not a good practice to leave children at the mercy of baby sitters.

gish

Dec 28, 2018
Guys dont want to overload anyone here, just want a second opinion on this essay, and where I am going wrong
@cansha or @H0peAndFa1th if you can spare sometime

Scientists agree that many people eat too much junk food and it is damaging their health. Some people think that this problem can be solved by educating people, while others believe that education will not work. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In recent times, since people are trying to balance work and presonal life in very short span of time, which is leading to more and more people getting stressed. In order to cope with stress, more and more people eat junk food, which is taking a toll on their health. Research shows that junk food is damaging to people's health, while some people believe that this epidemic can be controlled by educating folks, others believe that education will not be very helpful. In my opinion, while educating people can ensure that folks are more aware of healthy eating benefits and how to manage diet, It cannot motivate or drive people to eat healthy.

Making people more aware of healthy eating by educating them, helps in building a healthy society. Although people are already aware that eating healthy leads to longevity, they tend to ignore what they eat. Educating people will reiterate this thought and will help them to be more selective in their food intake. Government launches food awareness drives so that people know the benefits of healthy eating because this reduces government spending on healthcare, as more and more people choose to eat healthy. For example, there are government funded advertisements that focuses on making people aware of their food intake and helps people to make informed choices in food.

Giving up junk food takes endurance and drive. People want to eat healthy, however, due to their routine they turn to comfort food, hence deteriorating their health. Constant motivation is required to help people stay focus and motivated towards their goal of healthy eating. For example, Government should organize and subsidize support groups, where people can share their challanges and seek advise.

In conclusion, junk food is the most significant contributor in making people unhealthy. Educating people will certainly help in fighting this epidemic, however, education also needs to be supported by Government aid and family to ensure affected people are motivated and focused enough to achieve their goal of healthy eating.

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
You have recently moved to a diff house,
write a letter to your friend,
explain reason to move
describe new house,
invite him to come and visit you

Dear Rajesh,

I am writing this letter to let you know that I’ve recently moved into a new house. Although I loved my previous house very much, which you already know, but had to move out as it was a company provided apartment, and since I have switched the company lately, I had to vacate it.

Let me explain it to you in detail about the location of my new dwelling. The building is inside a residential complex built by Aditya group, beside the City Centre building. Being constructed by such an enormous name in building world, it has all the basic as well as luxurious facilities that are available in the market these days; however, the Swimming Pool of the complex is still under construction and will be ready by next month. It’s a two bedroom apartment with attached balcony.

I’d like to invite you to the house warming party, which I’m having on 6th of next month, from 05:00 pm onwards. Call me when you reach the City Centre, should you have any difficulty locating my building.

Can’t wait to hear from you.

Tarun

word count: 186
kindly assess my letter. TIA

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peopl are travelling more these days
What do you think is the reason
what are the benefits associated with it.

Lately the number of travelers have increased exponentially. Some say that it is the result of cheaper costs incurred, with respect to earlier times, while others give Globalization the credit. In this essay I will discuss as to what makes travelling a popular choice these days and what are the benefits associated with it.

Firstly, travelling is greatly dependent upon the costs associated, be it ticket charges or fuel consumption, we would rather wander around in a country that is half as costly as its counter-western sibling. Flight ticket prices have fallen drastically in the last decade. For instance, a one way ticket to USA from India used to cost a north of $ 2000, whereas same ticket can be bought under a $1000 nowadays. Secondly, Globalization has impacted our person lifestyle majorly, encouraging to explore more uncharted countries, as the more we hear about different cultures, the more we want to learn and experience them. A recent study by BBC has found that three fourth of the people are travelling just to experience the lifestyle that the host country would offer. So we can see how Costs and Globalization pay vital role in travelling. And travelling has benefits of its own.

One of the major benefit associated with travelling is that people get to learn different customs and experience them first hand, which were earlier alien to them. In this way, people tend to develop their inner peace. Another merit often associated with travelling is the expansion of career. People expand their public relations and business by travelling and meeting new people who represent different groups. Today most of the businesses running in India are bought by people from foreign land, reason behind their success is the study that was done on Indian market beforehand.

To conclude, I would say that cost and Globalization are the major reasons as to why today’s generation likes to travel more, along with, learning different cultures and expansion of career opportunities, being the top benefits of doing so.

words: 335 , got it too long

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
you recently bought a machinery for kitchen.which is not working. you have called the shop but no solution.
write a letter to shop explaining the issue with equipment.
state what happened when you called.
write what would you like manager to do

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you regarding an electric blender that I purchased from your shop past Monday. It was not until Wednesday that I found it to be non-functional. Despite calling your shop several times regarding this issue, no action was taken.

Let me explain in detail what the problem is. The power seems to be the issue, as I have checked the fuse, and also tried it plugging it to another power outlet, all in vain. The blender’s motor doesn’t seem to rotate. I have called several times at your shop, on Wednesday and Thursday. I was assured by your sub ordinate that a technician will be sent over shortly, but none arrived.

I would want you to kindly arrange a technician for the issue that I am facing or provide a replacement for the product, whichever suits you best.

Looking forward to a favorable outcome

Ram sharma

word count: 152

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
some think it is better to have schools different for boys and girls, while some feel mixed school are better
discuss both view and and give your opinion.

While some would argue that educating boys and girls in separate schools is a better idea than Co-ed schools, others beg to differ. This essay will discuss pros of both types of schooling before coming to a final decision.

Having schools exclusive to each gender has its own benefits. All-boys or all-girls schools benefit each group as they do not have to share the common workspace with the counter-gender, which diminishes the chances of complex that they would have because of another gender being present. For instance, a study in Australia found that 70% of the boys were having trouble asking questions in the class room because they thought girls would laugh at them. Schools that does not mix genders, address to this problem very neatly.

Co-ed schools, apart from being most common, have a big advantage over the other kind. The former encourage cooperation and teaches kids how to work in a team. This quality in kids are very important their development and comprises as a basic building block of their future. According to a recent survey, kids attending mixed schools were freer to communicate with each other regardless of the gender, as opposed to the kids from other schools. Schools with both kind of genders in their occupancy have much deeper impact on a kid.

In conclusion, despite both type of schools having their own unique benefits, I believe that Co-ed schools are much better than the other kind, as they teach Team work and Cooperation to kids which goes a long way in life.

word count: 257

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
@cansha please evaluate

Some people think that watching sport is a wastage of time during leisure time. Do you agree or disagree?

It has been argued by some that viewing sports during the leisure time leads to waste of time. I do not agree to this view, because it not only helps sports enthusiasts to follow their sport but also helps them to rejuvenate.

First and foremost, the free time is the best way for ardent sport follows to follow sport of their interest. Since, most of the people are occupied with heavy workload, leisure time acts as the best way to stay in touch with their beloved sport. I have encountered, for instance, many people in my office enjoy watching their favourite matches during the break time. If they do not utilize their spare time then it may become difficult for them to keep themselves updated about the latest happenings in the sport they follow.

What is more, it acts as a best way to rejuvenate themselves. Immersing oneself in the daily banal activities is a common scenario, and using their free time to enjoy watching the sport they like can help most of them to refresh themselves. Notably, a recent study by Oxford University, for example, stated that people should try to spend 20% of their daily time for their entertainment for a stress free life. If still, sport devouts stay engrossed in their work and do not use their leisure time appropriately to follow their sports, then it might have deleterious effect on their health.

On the whole, I do not agree that using leisure time to watch the favourite sport would lead to waste of time because, it helps sports followers to stay updated and at the same time it acts as a refreshment activity.

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
@cansha please evaluate

Write a letter to your friend to ask for help about a new job you have been placed to, your friend is doing the same job in another company.

-What is the problem you're facing in your new role.
-How your friend can solve it.
-Meeting arrangements and details.

Hello John,

I hope you're in the pink of your health. I'm writing this letter to get your help in the problem I'm facing in my current organization.

I'm facing problem in implementing a change in Java language. Recently, I joined Infosys Ltd, where I'm given a developer role, and they have given a task to integrate JSP into the existing HTML pages. I need your assistance in this implementation.

Since you're well acquainted with Java as you have around 5 years of work experience and also have worked in related Java technologies, you can easily guide me. After all, what would be difficult for an erudite like you?

We can schedule an appointment in the JW Marriott hotel which is located in my local vicinity on the coming Saturday during lunch time. I'll carry my laptop along with me where you can delineate on how to incorporate these changes.

Thanks in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Won Kramer.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Dear @cansha

Got my result with a 6 in writing again!
Disappointing to say the least....... :(
Thinking about re-evaluation!