Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi,
I am planning to apply for my PR under CEC in November and i have given my passport for my PCC and i am not sure when i will be receiving my passport back. I was checking on blocking a date for my IELTS and understood that i need to present my original passport during the exam . I have two slots open for ielts( October 18th and November 1st) and i am not sure if i will get my passport back by October 18th . and if i book for November 1st , i dont think i will get the results in a week because i am planning to apply probably by 9th November 2014. Could someone please clarify if they accept any other piece of identity for the exam ?

Regards,
Savio

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
savioceg said:
Hi,
I am planning to apply for my PR under CEC in November and i have given my passport for my PCC and i am not sure when i will be receiving my passport back. I was checking on blocking a date for my IELTS and understood that i need to present my original passport during the exam . I have two slots open for ielts( October 18th and November 1st) and i am not sure if i will get my passport back by October 18th . and if i book for November 1st , i dont think i will get the results in a week because i am planning to apply probably by 9th November 2014. Could someone please clarify if they accept any other piece of identity for the exam ?

Regards,
Savio
This is from IELTS.ORG

Bring your passport / national identity card with you:

• You must have the same identification that you provided on your IELTS Application Form. If you do not have the correct identification document, you will not be able to take the test.

If you used your passport as your identification on your application - you must use it as well on your testing date.

I'd wait for your passport and then take the test. Better to be safe than sorry.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Is it possible to send the IELTS score later after applying for my PR or is it mandatory to attach the results with the application ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

savioceg said:
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Is it possible to send the IELTS score later after applying for my PR or is it mandatory to attach the results with the application ?
No, If you don't send the IELTS, then your application will be returned as incomplete.

ramrad

Sep 11, 2014
savioceg said:
Hi,
I am planning to apply for my PR under CEC in November and i have given my passport for my PCC and i am not sure when i will be receiving my passport back.

Regards,
Savio
My wife and I applied for our PCC with the Indian consulate at Vancouver through BLS together. However I got mine in about 10 days and she got it after 5-6 weeks. We have no idea how that works. But I assume that it is because that they got my papers and background checks since I renewed my passport a few months ago at the consulate and hers was issued in India.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
savioceg said:
Must include the results with rest of your application package.