+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Who's requirement?

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Dear Folks,
Would anyone mind telling me whose requirement is the language test. University or the Embassy?
I have applied for an admission in Masters program of Simon Fraser. Now, I am exempt of IELTS test from the university since they dont require my previous uni's graduates to take the test. What bothers me is would it bother the CIC if I apply without IELTS. I can tell'em see I am exempt from the test it says right here on their website or a letter or somethin

sekhon

Aug 5, 2010
In your case...i am assuming you are from Pakistan(a country where english is not the 1st language). I guess taking IELTS will be an add advantage to you, and personally think you could score and satisfy CHC. CHC just wants prove that you can converse well in english, since you cant prove that you don't need this test, i think you should do IELTS.

You can go to IELTS official page to learn more about it and how it can help you.

http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
Hannan Khan said:
Dear Folks,
Would anyone mind telling me whose requirement is the language test. University or the Embassy?
I have applied for an admission in Masters program of Simon Fraser. Now, I am exempt of IELTS test from the university since they dont require my previous uni's graduates to take the test. What bothers me is would it bother the CIC if I apply without IELTS. I can tell'em see I am exempt from the test it says right here on their website or a letter or somethin
IELTS is the requirement of the university or college not the Canadian embassy because it is not written in the requirement list in embassy,
canadian embassy needs only the CAS letter from your education provider

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
heartbeat said:
IELTS is the requirement of the university or college not the Canadian embassy because it is not written in the requirement list in embassy,
canadian embassy needs only the CAS letter from your education provider
Thanks folks!
Does this mean it would be okay to apply without it. Does anyone know a Visa granted without IELTS?

sekhon

Aug 5, 2010
I think IELTS will strengthen your case...u should do it...moreover a lot of Universities uses it to gauge its future students ability to converse in english.

gurirosagar

Oct 25, 2010
@ Hannan Khan

Ur uni may nt require IELTS but to be on the safe side u must take the test... becuz CHC interviews those persons whose english is nt gud or indirectly u can say that u dun have the IELTS result to satisfy ur visa officer..... if u r english is gud enough to face the visa officer then u can but be sure that they ask silly questions and it can be very confusing....

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
in my veiw ielts is emmbassy requirement they must need befor issuing visa

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
Univeristy accepted me with old IELTS (Valid 2 years of End of December 2010). My score was 7.5 in GT.

For study Visa shall I submit old IELTS or shall take new or it is not necessary?

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Hannan. You already asked this question before. I told you ielts is past of your course acceptance nothing to do with the visa application.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
and how many times have I told u that ur smoking a cheap crack these days :p
when did I re-ask this question? :-X