peace

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on the high scores!!
Can u share the tips on scoring 8.5 and 7.5 in reading and listening.Any websites u followed.Thanks in advance.

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
Thnks very much for your nice owrds VisaApprovalSent

Actually nothing very special is done about it , but it is a matter of practice and nothing more. whenever i looked at those who have got good marks in ielts , they always say practice which i can say now it's true .
Buddy , do not let any day go without at least doing one test everyday, this is very important . i used "101 helpful hints" which is available in the market , but you can use so many other good books as well , but make sure that the book must has an answer key or you can throw it in the garbage.
do not be nervous when testing, i got nervous in the listening test and i lost three answers at the beginning.
i hope this was helpful.
wish u all good luck.

amritanayak25

May 22, 2009
Hi all,

Happened to bump into this site when i was browsing.Since i am also one of the newer ielts candidate who has just recieved her scores, i thought i should take a minute to leave this reply, you never know of what help it could be to someone whose looking for some info!

I scored a 8.0 score band in my IELTS. And trust me when i say this, its one of the most relevant and interesting exam i have given in a long time. Should anyone need any help or pointers to enable them prepare better, please let me know!!

thank you and all the best!!

Cheers

bijukutty

May 4, 2009
Dear Amrita,

Thanks for your post. Can you suggest some IELTS resources for Listening module? Also give some tips.

Regards

Biju

amritanayak25

May 22, 2009
Hey Biju and others ,

For the listening module i would suggest that you run through atleast two or three cd's that are provided with any of the IELTS (Cambridge) prep books...that should suffice.

As far as reading is concerned..id say that its the other module that requires some preparation...to be able to manage time efficiently is of prime importance.

The writing module is simple and both part 1 and 2 are not very taxing.

The speaking module is in my opinion the easiest to nail..its a very simpe one on one interaction (and its vital that you view it that way)..don overwork yourself by assuming its going top be a 'rough interview' of sorts.

All the best..i hope these tips come in handy!!

Regards,

Amrita