+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS VALIDITY

dlobo2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
So I applied for my PR through EE yesterday and I have a query regarding my IELTS results validity. It is going to expire in the first week november but they were valid when I applied. so should i take up another test or it wouldnt be a problem?

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Based on my little knowledge, I think you have to retake the test.

If you had received an ITA and submitted your documents and it expired then that would have been ok.

But given that you have not gotten an ITA yet most likely you have do the test again.

See what the others say

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
dlobo2 said:
So I applied for my PR through EE yesterday and I have a query regarding my IELTS results validity. It is going to expire in the first week november but they were valid when I applied. so should i take up another test or it wouldnt be a problem?
From CIC website:

Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

The profile is valid for 12 months. You should make sure that your language test results are valid for at least the same number of days.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

Based on my understanding of the above...I think you're okay.

But see what the seniors have to say :D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlobo2 said:
By 'applied for PR' if you mean sending in the post ITA application, you don't have to retake the test.

Reactions: T365

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Dlobo,

Like Asivad mentioned, if you have submitted you Post ITA application for P.R and it shows profile submitted in your MyCIC account before
expiry of your IELTS, you are good.

Cheers!
Richie