+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS validity after application is submitted

Jul 1, 2019
My IELTS score is 2 yrs old and Canada PR application is 1 year old. How long is the IELTS score valid for canadian PR.
Will it be valid as long as CIC takes time to process the application, i.e. till invitation is received or should it take the test every 2 years irrespective of application in queue.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My IELTS score is 2 yrs old and Canada PR application is 1 year old. How long is the IELTS score valid for canadian PR.
Will it be valid as long as CIC takes time to process the application, i.e. till invitation is received or should it take the test every 2 years irrespective of application in queue.
1. Valid for 2 years, must be valid when you submit your application after receiving an ITA, not for the complete processing.

Jul 1, 2019
it was valid when i submitted the application. But will the validity hold good till i receive an invitation. Or should i take IELTS every 2 yrs and then update the application with the new score

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

it was valid when i submitted the application. But will the validity hold good till i receive an invitation. Or should i take IELTS every 2 yrs and then update the application with the new score
1. You seemed to have confused submitting an EOI with submitting an application. If you have only submitted an EOI and have not received an Invitation to Apply (ITA), then your IELTs would expire after 2 years, and you would require a new one.

Apr 11, 2020
HI

1. You seemed to have confused submitting an EOI with submitting an application. If you have only submitted an EOI and have not received an Invitation to Apply (ITA), then your IELTs would expire after 2 years, and you would require a new one.
I received an ITA on April 9, 2020. I have an IELTS score which is valid until April 21, 2020. Does the score needs to be valid until the application submission date?

On the other note, In this COVID -19 Pandemic, it is not possible to get the medical exam and PCC done anytime soon. In this case, can we submit the application without that and upload the medical exam and PCC later?

Does the score stay valid until I submit the application within time given (which is 90 days)?

miengcandinh

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone, I am apply and submit for the PNP. My IELTS will expire on July/2020. But now I had been requested for the new IELTS?And they rejected my old IELTS, but it still valid until July. I don't know is it any mistake or not, please help?

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Hello, does anyone can answer this question:

The application is already 15 months and paper-based non express entry. It happens that the CELPIP will expires on July this year. Does the applicant needs to take a new english test? does expire english test will affect the eligibility of the application. I read some post particularly in the case of Express Entry applicants that their applications got refused because the points got reduced and the reason is their english test was expired and did not have submit new one. does this rule implemented in the case of Non Express Entry applicants?

Thanks.

Adil Shaikh

May 24, 2020
Hi ,
Just wanted to confirm the validity of this information that I got ,

" During the current ongoing COVID - 19 situation IRCC is considering extension of validity of IELTS results for additional 9 months ". I am not sure how far this is true , has anybody heard about this ? Is it true or just a rumor ?

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
Hi ,
Just wanted to confirm the validity of this information that I got ,

" During the current ongoing COVID - 19 situation IRCC is considering extension of validity of IELTS results for additional 9 months ". I am not sure how far this is true , has anybody heard about this ? Is it true or just a rumor ?
Where did you heard that? Did you read it from trusted source?

Klarida

Oct 16, 2018
Hi

1. Valid for 2 years, must be valid when you submit your application after receiving an ITA, not for the complete processing.
Hello PMM,

Would you be able to help me with the below issue?
My e-APR got cancelled yesterday due to one missing document. I will create a new profile and enter the pool again. My IELTS results are valid until January 19, 2021. As i have a CRS above 500 I expect to get an ITA in the next draw during July and will probably be ready to submit my e-APR within few days after having received the ITA. However CIC takes up to 6 months to evaluate the e-APR and make the final decision and my IELTS results will be expired before such final decision is made. Would this be a reason for my e-APR to get refused? Should i retake the exam after having submitted the e-APR and send the new results to CIC while my application is under evaluation?

Jagwant Singh

May 22, 2018
Hi,
My aor is Nov 2018 and today I received request for new ielts to be submitted..my ielts expired in sept 2019. This indicates the results are valid only if you get copr before it expires. If it expires and you haven't received copr/ppr then we have to submit new ielts as the scores will be affected if not submitted.
Kind attention if any of you see this and have gone through this situation kindly contact me on what's app to guide me 91 998797 8167 .
Thanks in advance.

Tee1997

Feb 7, 2023
Hi,
My aor is Nov 2018 and today I received request for new ielts to be submitted..my ielts expired in sept 2019. This indicates the results are valid only if you get copr before it expires. If it expires and you haven't received copr/ppr then we have to submit new ielts as the scores will be affected if not submitted.
Kind attention if any of you see this and have gone through this situation kindly contact me on what's app to guide me 91 998797 8167 .
Thanks in advance.
Hi Singh.
As regards your ielts expiry date, did it expire two years after the test date or result date? I'll appreciate if you reply this because I am in a dilemma.

Anyone with knowledge and experience on this can also reply please!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Singh.
As regards your ielts expiry date, did it expire two years after the test date or result date? I'll appreciate if you reply this because I am in a dilemma.

Anyone with knowledge and experience on this can also reply please!
Its expiry is 2 years as per the date on the IELTS card, if you get ITA and its valid at that time you are good. If you get ITA and 2 years have passed since you gave test its time to give another test.