+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Test.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
:) Hi, is ielts test a requirment for Citizenship from rest of the family? when I (principal applicant) was immigrating I appeared in this test and passed it.Now my family has applied for citizenship, will my wife be asked for that test.
Regards

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:
:) Hi, is ielts test a requirment for Citizenship from rest of the family? when I (principal applicant) was immigrating I appeared in this test and passed it.Now my family has applied for citizenship, will my wife be asked for that test.
Regards
Every applicant who is between 18-55 must provide English language proficiency evidence. They will reject the application I believe if you go through the application guide for citizenship it is clearly stated ... and they are seriously checking it ....

Thanks

silly

Feb 12, 2014
;)Rejection or they will ask to get the test done ? what about the kids as they are already in school and every year appear in language proficency test.Will the delay of mother case affect the kids application process, one kid is adult while the other is still minor.Regards

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, it doesn't have to be English language test result you can also provide result or proof for French.
Second, yes anybody aged 18-54 needs proof of language even if you are the principal applicant.
Now they will not reject or deny you citizenship but they will simply RETURN your application(From Sydney) including everybody else's included(minors or adults) so if one doc is missing for one of the applicants the whole package is returned.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From CIC site:
Family applications

If more than one member of your family is applying for Canadian citizenship, send all the applications together in the same envelope. The applications will be processed together. If one or more family members applications are incomplete, ALL of the applications will be returned to you.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
Still it not clear why the students(my kids) will be asked as i heard for the first time.They are there for more than three yrs and studying in Canadian universities/Schools.Every year there is English literacy test.I wonder..........There is an option in application of Citizenship that you may be asked for english proficeny test ,if the authorities consider,but i think it will not be hard and fast rule for students who are already been accepted in university and school. For comments. Regards

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:
Still it not clear why the students(my kids) will be asked as i heard for the first time.They are there for more than three yrs and studying in Canadian universities/Schools.Every year there is English literacy test.I wonder..........There is an option in application of Citizenship that you may be asked for english proficeny test ,if the authorities consider,but i think it will not be hard and fast rule for students who are already been accepted in university and school. For comments. Regards
You only need language proof for you, your wife and any kid 18 or above.

Kindly go through the following questions which you can see on the CIC website to gauge what language proof is necessary:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

1. If your kid finished high school in Canada, you can use his/her high school diploma from a Canadian school as proof

2. You can use any old score report from either IELTS or CPELP for your citizenship application. The same language test result you used for your PR application is acceptable to CIC. Just send them a photocopy of your score report but be prepared to bring the original should they ask them during your test day. Expired scores are accepted by CIC.