UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Praying!
VISA ISSUED...
Praying!
LANDED..........
Praying!
Hi guys. I decided to make this thread for people all over the Philippines who already took the IELTS exam as well as those who are planning and reviewing. You may share some advice and tips on how to hit that band score of 9 or questions so that our fellow test takers could answer :)

thachad098

Jun 21, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
i already took the exam last 2013 but unfortunately it has already expired and i may need to take another before i could pass my documents to cic just to be on the safe side. i got a fairly decent score, nothing below 7.5. what i did was to have one-on-one review sessions during saturdays for 4 saturdays i think with a review center employee. we focused on my weakpoint which is writing. she gave me techniques on structuring my paragraphs to be more coherent and concise as i have a lot of ideas but are very hard to follow. for reading and listening, she lent me some cds to practice with while at home. those two modules are my 7.5s as i get bored easily because its passive unlike writing and speaking which engages my mind. finally for speaking, you should be able to say something to whatever the assigned proctor asks you. even if you know nothing, you could say that you are not familiar about the question as you have no experience with it because of (insert excuse). this way, you might have not answered the question but you were still able to demonstrate your command of the language by explaining why you are not familiar with the topic. talk in a fluid and understandable manner and dont stop until you are not told so by the proctor. i hope sharing my experience and what i have learned during my sessions would benefit someone in this forum. good luck! ^_^

pamtee

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
05102016 AOR2: 06232016 SA RECEIVED: 06222016
IELTS Request
NONE
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Praying!
VISA ISSUED...
Praying!
LANDED..........
Praying!
thachad098 said:
i already took the exam last 2013 but unfortunately it has already expired and i may need to take another before i could pass my documents to cic just to be on the safe side. i got a fairly decent score, nothing below 7.5. what i did was to have one-on-one review sessions during saturdays for 4 saturdays i think with a review center employee. we focused on my weakpoint which is writing. she gave me techniques on structuring my paragraphs to be more coherent and concise as i have a lot of ideas but are very hard to follow. for reading and listening, she lent me some cds to practice with while at home. those two modules are my 7.5s as i get bored easily because its passive unlike writing and speaking which engages my mind. finally for speaking, you should be able to say something to whatever the assigned proctor asks you. even if you know nothing, you could say that you are not familiar about the question as you have no experience with it because of (insert excuse). this way, you might have not answered the question but you were still able to demonstrate your command of the language by explaining why you are not familiar with the topic. talk in a fluid and understandable manner and dont stop until you are not told so by the proctor. i hope sharing my experience and what i have learned during my sessions would benefit someone in this forum. good luck! ^_^
Hi thachad098! what's the name of the review center where you had your coaching?

pamtee

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
05102016 AOR2: 06232016 SA RECEIVED: 06222016