+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS TEST- Reappearance

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Dear Experts ,

I need lot of answers.

My initial application is accepted now I have to appear for my IELTS TEST" abt which i m afraid i might not be scoring good, the result of which to be submitted with my full documents to CIO. can I " Retake" the test? Will reappearance affect my immigration -case?

HAS ANY1 DONE THIS BEFORE ?

MANY ANSWERS WUD B APPRECIATED.

THANKS

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
Dear Experts ,

I need lot of answers.

My initial application is accepted now I have to appear for my IELTS TEST" abt which i m afraid i might not be scoring good, the result of which to be submitted with my full documents to CIO. can I " Retake" the test? Will reappearance affect my immigration -case?

THANKS
You can retake the test before submitting the full documents but once you have submitted the IELTS result you cannot submit a new one after that as 10th April 2010 rule CIC will not give second chance to applicants for the IELTS test. So better to sit new one before submitting the full docs or submit the old ielts with the documents.

Regards
Saki

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gravity said:
Dear Experts ,

I need lot of answers.

THANKS
You can take it again, but it has to be included with your application and the 120 day letter.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can re-take IELTS any time within 120 Days deadlines.

You must submit the best of all IELTS Result with Full Documents at the end of 120 Days deadlines.

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011

Dear Gravity

The current operational manual for the Case processing officers, , last updated on 1 April 2010, mention that (1) although an applicant is requested to submit a full application and supporting documents to the Visa Office in a SINGLE package, a Visa Officer must take into consideration any document or new information communicated by the applicant before a letter of ineligibility is issued; AND (2) where more than one designated language test result is submitted a Visa Officer must act on the LATEST test results submitted.

So the implications for this on your case is briefly this: Even if you have already submitted your old results with the other supporting documents, you can send in new test results at any time before a final decision on your application is made. If this is what you want to do, you have to take the test ASAP, because you don't know when your Visa officer will make a decision on your case (but you can look at the timelines of other applicants who lodged similar applications at your Visa Office and estimate how much time you have).

The changes effective from April 10, mean that a Visa Officer is not required to give you an opportunity to take a language test in the event that you previously submitted a written language submission (in stead of a language test result) and a Visa Officer was not able to award you the points you claimed on the submission. Now a Visa officer can arrive at a decision without requesting an applicant who previously did not take language test to take one. The change does not mean that an applicant can not send more than one test results.

Hope this was useful.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obho0001 said:

Dear Gravity

The current operational manual for the Case processing officers, , last updated on 1 April 2010, mention that (1) although an applicant is requested to submit a full application and supporting documents to the Visa Office in a SINGLE package, a Visa Officer must take into consideration any document or new information communicated by the applicant before a letter of ineligibility is issued; AND (2) where more than one designated language test result is submitted a Visa Officer must act on the LATEST test results submitted.

So the implications for this on your case is briefly this: Even if you have already submitted your old results with the other supporting documents, you can send in new test results at any time before a final decision on your application is made. If this is what you want to do, you have to take the test ASAP, because you don't know when your Visa officer will make a decision on your case (but you can look at the timelines of other applicants who lodged similar applications at your Visa Office and estimate how much time you have).

The changes effective from April 10, mean that a Visa Officer is not required to give you an opportunity to take a language test in the event that you previously submitted a written language submission (in stead of a language test result) and a Visa Officer was not able to award you the points you claimed on the submission. Now a Visa officer can arrive at a decision without requesting an applicant who previously did not take language test to take one. The change does not mean that an applicant can not send more than one test results.

Hope this was useful.
Really Useful and Helpful....... Thanks a lot.

Can any other member describe this matter in other words, Please?

ihosam

Jan 2, 2010
Dear Obho..
you can share the link that's prove we can send second IELTS exam after submitted the full documents to CHC because I worried to get same situation.
my exam on 5-june and I need 12 points.
I believe can not get it..

:'( :'( :'(

K

katoky

@ ihosam,
try to get high score in speaking part & other one(u think,easy for u)
geting high score in speaking part too easy,if u can comfortably cotinue with interviwer.
katoky

ihosam

Jan 2, 2010
Yeeah..
but mu question if I submit my full document with bad score of IELTS to CHC and after 1 month send back another IELTS result they will accepted..

I understood they change the rolls after April 10 and from Mr. Obho post.

please reply..

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
To my own understanding of the 10th April 2010 IELTS TEST. It simple applies to those that are making their initial application to Canada after 10th of April, not for those that earlier made their application before 10th of April 2010

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
Improvements to proof of language rules will increase fairness, reduce delays, says Immigration Minister
Ottawa, March 10, 2010 — The Government of Canada is streamlining the process for assessing the language skills of applicants to the Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience classes, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply. This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing.”

Previously, to prove language ability in French or English, applicants could either submit an independent, third-party test or a written submission to a visa officer. The written submission was intended for people whose first language is either English or French. However, many applicants whose first language was not English or French were taking advantage of the written submission. The submission wouldn’t adequately prove their ability and they would have to provide further evidence, leading to processing delays that could take months.

“We expect that applicants will have the language skills they claim on their application. Now, applicants in these categories will have only one opportunity to prove their language ability,” said Minister Kenney. “They can still make a written submission to a visa officer if they wish, but only once.”

For faster, fairer processing, all applicants are encouraged to submit independent, third-party language test results. The language test gives applicants a clear indication of their ability before they apply. When submitting written proof, applicants don’t know what their results will be until their application is assessed by the visa officer, after a formal application and fees are lodged with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

“We strongly encourage applicants whose first language isn’t English or French to take a language test,” said Minister Kenney. “We don’t want immigrants to be surprised if their written submission doesn’t match their reported ability, and they don’t get the desired assessment.”

An immigrant’s English or French language ability is one of the strongest predictors of their success in the job market. Canadian Experience Class applicants must meet minimum language requirements based on the job they do. On a selection grid worth 100 points in total, Federal Skilled Workers can be awarded up to 24 points for their official language ability.

Further information about language requirements for applicants is available at

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ihosam said:
Yeeah..
but mu question if I submit my full document with bad score of IELTS to CHC and after 1 month send back another IELTS result they will accepted..

I understood they change the rolls after April 10 and from Mr. Obho post.

please reply..
YES
They will accept your updated IELTS result. You can sent after sending full documents or after completing 120 Days deadline.

I can say with the help of below paragraph. If I m wrong, seniors please comment

ihosam

Jan 2, 2010
OK..
now the question?
you mean i can send language update but in other hand not before 10 April.??? :-[
I am not yet send full document to CHC but I got first approval from CIC; so this case will work with me?? ;) ;)

thanks for interesting..

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ihosam said:
OK..
now the question?
you mean i can send language update but in other hand not before 10 April.??? :-[
I am not yet send full document to CHC but I got first approval from CIC; so this case will work with me?? ;) ;)

thanks for interesting..
YES

It will work, before 10th April or after 10th April, whether you have submitter your file before 10th april or you have submittter/will submit your file after 10th April.

Rules are same for all candidate whether old or new.

Why you peolpe are so confuse about the date 10th April-2010?