+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Test 25th March 2017

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
My old score was L7, S7.5, W7, R6.5
Second attempt L8.5, S8.5, W7.5, R8

I'm sooo happy but I booked an exam for April 8 just incase I mess up my score again like the first attempt. What a waste of 316 Canadian dollars! Thanks to this forum I found sources to improve my listening skills for Ielts.

mgf1910

Apr 6, 2017
jojee2k6 said:
Congrats to all who got desired score in this attempt.

Got my result today, couldn't get desired score.

LRWS (NOW): 7.0 6.5 6.5 7.0 -> 7.0
LRWS (OLD): 6.5 6.5 6.0 7.0 -> 6.5

0.5 increase in both L and W

Next Strategy (Re-Take):
BC=25 May (I have Registered just now)
IDP=13 May

Trust me, totally unjustified result. To me, it all seems a money racket game, after several attempts, we get desired score.

Should I book IDP as well? any advice?
Is there any difference between idp and bc?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
mgf1910 said:
Is there any difference between idp and bc?
I don't know in fact, as a matter of fact, for me all are same. My first attempt was through IDP, this time was through BC. I was a bit skeptical about IDP hence booked again today in BC.
Should I book IDP as well? :(

encodejson

Apr 6, 2017
I get this, i dont know whats happening? I am using the same exact details as I had specified in the application form. Any advise?

No candidate result found. Please review the following details before trying again.
It must be the exact same detail you used when sat for the IELTS test.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Prt0721 said:
I got my results LRWS - 8,7.5,7.5,7.5
CRS SCORE - 435
How long does it take to get Ontario PNP nomination?
i dont think you should wait for a nomination. if you can get an invitation from the federal government, then why waste time and money on the nomination. the last draw cut off was 431. if the trend continues, you can get an ITA in the next draw.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
encodejson said:
I get this, i dont know whats happening? I am using the same exact details as I had specified in the application form. Any advise?

No candidate result found. Please review the following details before trying again.
Got score- Listening 8.0 | Reading 9.0 | Writing 7.0 | Speaking 8.0

Checked it via https://results.ieltsessentials.com/

used date 25/03/17 as the option

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jojee2k6 said:
Congrats to all who got desired score in this attempt.

Got my result today, couldn't get desired score.

LRWS (NOW): 7.0 6.5 6.5 7.0 -> 7.0
LRWS (OLD): 6.5 6.5 6.0 7.0 -> 6.5

0.5 increase in both L and W

Next Strategy (Re-Take):
BC=25 May (I have Registered just now)
IDP=13 May

Trust me, totally unjustified result. To me, it all seems a money racket game, after several attempts, we get desired score.

Should I book IDP as well? any advice?
I gave my first attempt without any prep and got 7.5. I thought if I could get 7.5 without any prep, then with a day or 2 of prep before the test, I can get an easy 8. Did not happen. Upto 7.5 is very easy. Beyond that needs a lot of effort. I took the test 5 times and £160 per attempt.

It may be tempting to book the next available test as I did in the hope of getting an ITA soon. It is good to be quick but haste makes waste. Take time to practice so that you really improve your score.

Keep in mind the dates and your existing scores. Those with Canadian siblings and excellent French skills will see an increase in 45 points. This will bump up their score and increase the cut off. If you take the test on 13th, you have more than a month and can make the draw before the new points kick in.

Remarking will take 6-8 weeks. Do you want to wait that long with no guarantee of an increase? Also it's expensive.

I kind of agree on the money making tactics and had posted my thoughts about it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-british-council-a-money-making-racket-t480480.0.html

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
xpressentry said:
i dont think you should wait for a nomination. if you can get an invitation from the federal government, then why waste time and money on the nomination. the last draw cut off was 431. if the trend continues, you can get an ITA in the next draw.
Wife got desired scores..CRS self assessment shows a score between 445-453 depending on WES ECA..whats next..

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianPRbeku said:
Wife got desired scores..CRS self assessment shows a score between 445-453 depending on WES ECA..whats next..
Wait for ECA, enter the pool and wait for the ITA. Then submit the eAPR and have a long and painful wait for the PPR

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
xpressentry said:
I gave my first attempt without any prep and got 7.5. I thought if I could get 7.5 without any prep, then with a day or 2 of prep before the test, I can get an easy 8. Did not happen. Upto 7.5 is very easy. Beyond that needs a lot of effort. I took the test 5 times and £160 per attempt.

It may be tempting to book the next available test as I did in the hope of getting an ITA soon. It is good to be quick but haste makes waste. Take time to practice so that you really improve your score.

Keep in mind the dates and your existing scores. Those with Canadian siblings and excellent French skills will see an increase in 45 points. This will bump up their score and increase the cut off. If you take the test on 13th, you have more than a month and can make the draw before the new points kick in.

Remarking will take 6-8 weeks. Do you want to wait that long with no guarantee of an increase? Also it's expensive.

I kind of agree on the money making tactics and had posted my thoughts about it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-british-council-a-money-making-racket-t480480.0.html
Thanks for the insights, I have read ur previous posts in which you shared ur history of 5 attempts. Congrats for the ITA as well.
I booked in BC on 25th today, but details I added (Urdu, 1 yr xp in eng. and Canada), I hope it goes well, would be better if i opt UK, now i can't modify records. Well, I will keep practicing and fingers crossed! other than IELTS i have no other option, PhD, 10 yrs XP, 35 age, ECA done, Wife's IELTS and ECA too done. I am struggling for 8777. Anyways, Thanks for the motivation! I strongly believe this is all fake and money making racket.

Good luck to all of guys in the same boat!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jojee2k6 said:
Thanks for the insights, I have read ur previous posts in which you shared ur history of 5 attempts. Congrats for the ITA as well.
I booked in BC on 25th today, but details I added (Urdu, 1 yr xp in eng. and Canada), I hope it goes well, would be better if i opt UK, now i can't modify records. Well, I will keep practicing and fingers crossed! other than IELTS i have no other option, PhD, 10 yrs XP, 35 age, ECA done, Wife's IELTS and ECA too done. I am struggling for 8777. Anyways, Thanks for the motivation! I strongly believe this is all fake and money making racket.

Good luck to all of guys in the same boat!
Your results will be out on 7th June which will be after the new scores kick in. Good luck in your test. I hope you get your score and ITA

yazooly

Apr 7, 2017
Did everyone else got the email that the results are not still ready and they're going through extra processing?

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
CanadianPRbeku said:
Got score- Listening 8.0 | Reading 9.0 | Writing 7.0 | Speaking 8.0

Checked it via

used date 25/03/17 as the option
I am in Toronto and not able to get result... getting message

When is the result expected?

yazooly

Apr 7, 2017
ninsam said:
I am in Toronto and not able to get result... getting message

When is the result expected?
Where did you do your test? Mine isn't showing up either and I received an email this morning that the test had to go through some extra routine analysis!! and we have signed the agreement that we are okay with the fact that the results might take longer than 13 days to process!!!

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
yazooly said:
Where did you do your test? Mine isn't showing up either and I received an email this morning that the test had to go through some extra routine analysis!! and we have signed the agreement that we are okay with the fact that the results might take longer than 13 days to process!!!
Could you please share your email? I received this,

We refer to your IELTS test of 25/03/2017.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

Unfortunately your result is still being processed so it has not been possible to analyse it yet. The analysis will be conducted when the processing of your result is completed.

Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

IELTS Test Centre Administrator