+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score Scale for old applicant

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Dear All,

I am applicant of 2007.

As per old system, if someone score at least 7 in each section, he or she get 4 points.

But as per new system, if someone score at least 6.5 in each section except listening 7.5 then, he or she get 4 points.

When 2nd letter receive and ask for submit IELTS score, does it count as per old scoring system or new system?

Appreciate your feedback.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaimonBlue said:
Dear All,

I am applicant of 2007.

As per old system, if someone score at least 7 in each section, he or she get 4 points.

But as per new system, if someone score at least 6.5 in each section except listening 7.5 then, he or she get 4 points.

When 2nd letter receive and ask for submit IELTS score, does it count as per old scoring system or new system?

Appreciate your feedback.

You have interesting topic. I think it’s better to write down a letter to CIS they will reply to you as soon as or you can call your agent

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Saeid2011 said:
You have interesting topic. I think it's better to write down a letter to CIS they will reply to you as soon as or you can call your agent
I have discussed this issue couple of threads. Two opinion have been found-

1. The applicant who have applied on or before Nov 28, 2008, shall be evaluate as per old system where applicant need to score 7 in each section to get 4 points. Below 7 will count 2 points.

1. The applicant who have applied on or before Nov 28, 2008 and does not submit any IELTS result with application shall be evaluate as per new system where applicant need to score 6.5 in each section except 7.5 in listening to get 4 points. Below 6.5 or 7.5 will count 2 points.

After checking OP6 manual, it is seems that opinion # 1 is correct. Old applicant will treat as old system which means applicant need to score 7 for each section to get 4 points. Tough.. :(

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaimonBlue said:
I have discussed this issue couple of threads. Two opinion have been found-

1. The applicant who have applied on or before Nov 28, 2008, shall be evaluate as per old system where applicant need to score 7 in each section to get 4 points. Below 7 will count 2 points.

1. The applicant who have applied on or before Nov 28, 2008 and does not submit any IELTS result with application shall be evaluate as per new system where applicant need to score 6.5 in each section except 7.5 in listening to get 4 points. Below 6.5 or 7.5 will count 2 points.

After checking OP6 manual, it is seems that opinion # 1 is correct. Old applicant will treat as old system which means applicant need to score 7 for each section to get 4 points. Tough.. :(
Thank you for comment.