+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score requirement for CNO registration (crne)

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
coffeecity said:
this was the letter COLLEGE OF NURSES sent to me after i inquired regarding their IELTS requirements:

The CNO accepts both Academic and General categories for IELTS, accepted scores are: 6.5 over all (Writing, Reading, Listening) and 7.0 in Spoken. The CNO does not have an expiry date for fluency tests. Fluency is not a requirement to take the national exam but it will be required to obtain your nursing license in Ontario. If you have already completed the fluency test and would like it evaluated by the CNO please request the testing centre to mail your results directly to the CNO.

Hello.. im new here..

i took the Academic IELTS last JUNE 2010.. with a score of..
listening= 8.5
reading=6.5
writing=7.0
speaking=7.0

i used my IELTS results and mailed for my CNO(used with the old forms) and FSW immigrant application..
the letter above from CNO.. says.. theres no expiration for fluency tests... does it mean.. no expiration in the 4 areas of IELTS??
hi coffeecity... there is no expiration for fluency tests means once you have submitted your IELTS result to the College, that will be enough to cover your Proof of Language Proficiency requirement... even if your IELTS expires (in your case, it will expire on JUNE 2012) and you still have not finalized your registration process with them, you will no longer be required to submit another IELTS result...

i hope this helps... best of luck to you!

faithfully hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/2010
Doc's Request.
12/5/2010
File Transfer...
18/5/2010
Med's Request
26/10/2010
Med's Done....
11/11/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/5/2011 Passport Sent:6/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
received: June 17,2011
LANDED..........
hopefully 1st week of august
hello there.. I have applied for CNO registration..and got a mail last week requiring me ro submit additional info's like job description from my company.. I also asked if they will require me to submit IELTs...but they replied, englich fluency is not required at this moment...

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
faithfully hopeful said:
hello there.. I have applied for CNO registration..and got a mail last week requiring me ro submit additional info's like job description from my company.. I also asked if they will require me to submit IELTs...but they replied, englich fluency is not required at this moment...

yes, but if you did take IELTS already and have the results they require (at least), you can send it ahead.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Hey Guys,
If anyone can tell..which is the best material we can use of General test.

Thanks

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
papmanindia said:
Hey Guys,
If anyone can tell..which is the best material we can use of General test.

Thanks
material for which part exactly?

with the writing, i only searched for examples from the internet. but that was my second take. my first one was Academic training.

hamhamness

Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baby_gurl said:
With speaking, you just need to build your confidence. I myself can tell there was a big difference between my first speaking test and second. on my first take, i only had a speaking result of 7.0. i was crazy nervous and the interviewer was the known "tiger" during that batch. That did not help at all. However, it helps to psyche yourself. What i said to myself was: "She does not know me and after I am done with this interview, we'll never see each other again, nor will she remember who I am. So, i might as well just put on a face and let it all out... no hesitations, no awkwardness... just try to be confident and be comfortable with everything you have to say. be yourself." the same thing i said to myself during my 2nd take. of course, i was still nervous, but knowing what to expect and that i have done it before, that helped me boost my confidence. With speaking, it's all about confidence and remember, THERE'S NO WRONG OR RIGHT ANSWER. they just want to know if you can hold a conversation clearly.. not necessarily very fluent but at least understandable enough :)

Good luck! hope my tips will help you. :)

Hi baby_gurl,

I was planning to take the IELTS(GT) next month & I'm so damn nervous taking my (1st)IELTS if I can only pay/send someone to take the IELTS for me(LoL ;D ;D ;D),I almost got tons of paper at our house for the review materials but everytime i hold on it i only feel sleepy I don't know wer to start :'(,do you think it is more advisable to take the IELTS review sessions offered by IDP or to have a self review?

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
hello hamhamness. (nice nick :D)

totally understand what you mean. it really is confusing which decisions to make especially on our first times (in any situation).

personally, i find it very helpful to get help from others such us their own opinion, suggestions, experiences, knowledge, etc. you can only do these when you're actually around other people. it'll also help you be at ease with yourself knowing that you're not relying only on your own wisdom but from others as well.

i'm not saying it's impossible to pass this exam on your own. a lot of people have done it. but if you want to have better chances of passing this on your first take especially when you're not confident with yourself, you got nothing to lose if you just make sure you get all the help you can get.

you can always practice speaking the language at home. instead of talking to your family or friends in your native language, do it in English. it's all about becoming comfortable with it. with the writings, it's always helpful to know where you're mistaken and learn from it. this is where teachers/tutors come in handy. but be aware that not all review centers actually do a one-on-one lesson. i remember on my first review center, it was not helpful AT ALL. i did not learn anything from them especially with writing. they just told us where we were wrong but did not really give me tips on how to improve on it.

Good luck and God bless!

dark beauty

May 15, 2011
hi everyone i am planning to take ielts this july as a crne requirements. can anyone give me some tips on how to take the exam :)please. and where can i get the request letter for my ielts score report that is needed to be send to cic or crne? cause i am migrating to canada as well this july thank u everyone hope to hear some answers from u

jassi86

Jun 25, 2011
[Hey baby gurl
can u tell me Is there any change in IELTS score from 1st july in Onatrio Nursing registration.Please provide me this information.
thanx
jassi

][/quote]
baby_gurl said:
i just found out a few days ago that they have changed their IELTS requirement for registration from ACADEMIC only to accepting both ACADEMIC and GENERAL training IELTS. i was so relieved coz I took General Training last April 2010. i was going to retake IELTS for academic training this january for my CNO registration and CRNE application. good thing they would still accept more than 6 months old IELTS result.

just wanted to share for those who are not aware of their new IELTS policy.

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
jassi86 said:
[Hey baby gurl
can u tell me Is there any change in IELTS score from 1st july in Onatrio Nursing registration.Please provide me this information.
thanx
jassi

]
you can always visit their website www.cno.org to make sure you're up to date with their requirements.

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
dark beauty said:
hi everyone i am planning to take ielts this july as a crne requirements. can anyone give me some tips on how to take the exam :)please. and where can i get the request letter for my ielts score report that is needed to be send to cic or crne? cause i am migrating to canada as well this july thank u everyone hope to hear some answers from u
are you from Philippines?
you can request the result from either BRITISH COUNCIL or IDP. it depends on which of them you will take IELTS with. after you take the exam, you can request/download the request form from their website, pay the processing fee and they will mail the result to CNO.

God bless!

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
mack1979 said:
do i just need to send 1 copy of the original even though its on 2 offices checklist?

I'm not sure what you're specifically trying to ask here.

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
Hey everybody ....

I gave my IELTS in august 2011...and my result was

R: 6
L: 8.5
S: 7
W: 6.5

Overall : 7
Am i eligible to submit my documents and fees to CNO.

Thanks
parish

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
baby_gurl said:
i just found out a few days ago that they have changed their IELTS requirement for registration from ACADEMIC only to accepting both ACADEMIC and GENERAL training IELTS. i was so relieved coz I took General Training last April 2010. i was going to retake IELTS for academic training this january for my CNO registration and CRNE application. good thing they would still accept more than 6 months old IELTS result.

just wanted to share for those who are not aware of their new IELTS policy.
I'm planning to register for my CNO and CRNE application. Well I'm quite confused if my IELTS result would still be accepted. I took the ACADEMIC exam Dec 2008 and its already expired last Dec 2010 with the overall score of 7.( listening 7.5, writing 6.5, reading 7.0, speaking 7.0) . And I also took GENERAL training last March 2011 since it is a requirement for my immigrant application. I also got a an overall score of 7 however with a different result. ( listening 7.5, writing 6.5, reading 7.5, speaking 6.5). Would they consider my ACADEMIC result even though its already expired ? or my GENERAL training result is enough?
:D :D :D :D