+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score requirement for CNO registration (crne)

inwhiteshoes

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 31, 2012
Med's Done....
January 24, 2012
Passport Req..
June 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 31, 2012
LANDED..........
September 5, 2012
baby_gurl said:
GENERAL TRAINING is easier to pass. although there's only one difference from Academic training: WRITING part.
Academic training writing exam consists of Graph interpretation and essay writing. General training consists of Letter writing (friendly letter, business letter, etc) and essay writing. Here in Philippines, it's the writing part that most filipinos struggle with. personally, it's the same for me. the fist time i took IELTS, i did good with my speaking, reading, and listening. i only got 6.0 in writing. but since i used that exam for my VisaScreen application in U.S.A. my results were good enough.

I took the General training IELTS April year because Canadian embassy required it for my immigration application. I was worried with my writing but i got a 6.5 in writing, 8.5 in listening, 7.0 in reading, and 8.0 in speaking. I was going to retake IELTS next month for CNO registration. Luckily, I rechecked and found out they are now accepting general training, unlike a few months ago.

by the way, Ontario requires the minimum results of:
writing: 6.5
listening: 6.5
reading: 6.5
speaking: 7.0
how will i know the required scores for manitoba winnipeg? do u know the website thank you

denoosewife

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 21 & 25, 2010
AOR Received.
October 21, 2010
Med's Done....
July 17, 2010
Passport Req..
October 21, 2010
Hello to everyone.

I have been a member on this forum for quite some time now, then , I slowed down after all my papers were ready and eventually landed here in Canada last April 2011. I was engrossed to spend more time with my beloved husband that finding work or inquiring for the IELTS requirements for nurses wasn't on the top priority lists.

After a month or so, I still didn't look for a job as I really didn't know where to start. The advantage here is that Canada has got some organizations that cater or assist new immigrants on what they should do to prepare them for job hunting. Seminars are provided to improve the construction of resumes including speaking programs to enhance language skills and check on once confidence when being interviewed. But, luckily , a job was referred to me :) and I was accepted even if I didn't have any Canadian experience.

Just as an update , the latest requirement for nurses' registration is the following:
Speaking 7
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 7

How I wish then, that I would have taken the said exam as I got the band score required ,but then it was just updated to higher score for which all of us will have to work hard as the test gets really difficult and we are not advised to re-take for we might have the same score unless otherwise .