+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Score is 5.5, can this be a cause to reject my application after RBVO???

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
Dear all

I am little worried because I knew lately from Qorax that Ielts score of 5.5 is considered dangerous to our application.

I scored 5.5 but my overall points are 68. What worries me is that I am RBVO since July. I started thinking that the delay in my application might be due to my low english score.

Is there anyone with 5.5 score has gone into process? Do you know anybody was rejected even though he or she passed the 67 points?

Please let me know, I am very worried now and I don't know what to do...

This is the link to my post with captain Qorax:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.2235.html

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
only thing to do now ................ is .......................

WAIT

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
Thanks mute_man for the advice.

I am now obssessed with the negative feeling and thoughts, I don't want to think like this but I can't help it :'( , that's why I am looking for someone who got low score in Ielts but passed into in-process stage.

I know that I have to wait, but maybe if someone had the same experience might become benefit for my case.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:

I am now obssessed with the negative feeling and thoughts, I don't want to think like this but I can't help it :'( , that's why I am looking for someone who got low score in Ielts but passed into in-process stage.

I know that I have to wait, but maybe if someone had the same experience might become benefit for my case.
Hi YNTZ,

You are probably trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If you have the eligibility points of 67 and have supported your application appropriately and justly then nothing to worry.

One aspect of NOC 2121 would generally require presenting scientific works at National and International meetings and documenting scientific works in Journals.....which I am sure you have done and attached those as supporting docs.

Your docs would be reviewed by VO when in "IN Process" status....so worrying now is futile.

Yes, VO has the powers to reject an application which has got eligibility points of 67. If you could take a re test of IELTS to improve your score then you might be safe completely.

One applicant- Sachin, NDVO with your timeline has received MR but many are still waiting

Mitali

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:

As you are not in process why don't you register for another Ielts and send visa office a covering letter telling them you have registered for another Ielts (include proof of registration) as you deem your old Ielts score wasn't enough. I know it might not work if you are unlucky but at least you can try and you may be able to send your Ielts before you go in process and it can be considered by them. Trying some thing is better than not doing anything.

Forgot to say that your low Ielts score is nothing to do with you not going in process.

Thanks

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
mitali said:
Hi YNTZ,

You are probably trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If you have the eligibility points of 67 and have supported your application appropriately and justly then nothing to worry.

One aspect of NOC 2121 would generally require presenting scientific works at National and International meetings and documenting scientific works in Journals.....which I am sure you have done and attached those as supporting docs.

Your docs would be reviewed by VO when in "IN Process" status....so worrying now is futile.

Yes, VO has the powers to reject an application which has got eligibility points of 67. If you could take a re test of IELTS to improve your score then you might be safe completely.

One applicant- Sachin, NDVO with your timeline has received MR but many are still waiting

Mitali
Thank you Mitali.

I didn’t know that I have to submit scientific works. I actually have a documented scientific work in one of the journals, but I didn’t think that I have to show it.

How many scientific works I have to submit in your opinion, I contributed in a big study many years back but I don’t own any documentation of that one, yet it was mentioned in my old reference letters. Unfortunately, I changed my workplace and moved to another city 7 years ago.

My worries are doubled now. I think I will wait for the end of the Holiday and request for CAIPS notes.

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
pittabread said:
As you are not in process why don't you register for another Ielts and send visa office a covering letter telling them you have registered for another Ielts (include proof of registration) as you deem your old Ielts score wasn't enough. I know it might not work if you are unlucky but at least you can try and you may be able to send your Ielts before you go in process and it can be considered by them. Trying some thing is better than not doing anything.

Forgot to say that your low Ielts score is nothing to do with you not going in process.

Thanks
The problem that I don't think I can score higher in a very short time, I need to practice more English and get myself enrolled in an extensive ielts course. My English is fair in my practical life, but it's a total different thing on papers. Do you think if they found my score low, they would give me another chance to submit another exam results?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:
The problem that I don't think I can score higher in a very short time, I need to practice more English and get myself enrolled in an extensive ielts course. My English is fair in my practical life, but it's a total different thing on papers. Do you think if they found my score low, they would give me another chance to submit another exam results?
Dear from your writing I don't think you should have any problem in achieving 6.5 at least in writing part. It is all about preparation. Go through Cambridge Ielts 1-7 and practice it a lot. I think a month is more than enough to prepare for Ietls. I prepared for only 2-3 weeks I remember. Would you mind telling me which part you scored less. There are many many helpful tips available on this forum. Do not underestimate yourself. Any body can do it with preparation.

I am afraid if your case goes in process and they find your score less, it is 50 , 50 they would give you second chance. But like I said if you inform them now and do another Ielts it can help you.

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:
Thank you Mitali.

I didn't know that I have to submit scientific works. I actually have a documented scientific work in one of the journals, but I didn't think that I have to show it.

How many scientific works I have to submit in your opinion, I contributed in a big study many years back but I don't own any documentation of that one, yet it was mentioned in my old reference letters. Unfortunately, I changed my workplace and moved to another city 7 years ago.

My worries are doubled now. I think I will wait for the end of the Holiday and request for CAIPS notes.
Yes, any kind of documentation to support your claim of being a Scientist will definitely go in your favor. VO will decide based on the all the supporting documents available on your file. As per rules VO will only accept documents which are NEW, for example:

1. New publication in a journal (You can just download the Abstract part of the publication that shows your name in the Author's list),
2. If you have represented your Institution in a Conference after the submission of your initial package or
3. Documents which will add value to your application like addition of a degree (though it may not fetch points).

The above will help VO to understand your profile and take a favourable decision. The job of VO becomes a little easier with the supporting docs.

You may send the docs that are available with you now (which is well documented in Journal.....the one with the scientific work just mentioned in the reference letter will not work)....and hope that VO will consider it. Nonetheless, if VO is not satisfied you may be called for an Interview or be asked for further clarifications.....that will be ONE GOLDEN CHANCE to prove your suitability to VO.

Just prepare yourself and you will pass the hurdle.

I agree with Pitta...and would recommend you to take another IELTS to improve the scores.....you are not that bad.....have faith in yourself and remember "FIGHT or FLIGHT" ....you have to fight in order to fly (to Canada) ;)....are you feeling the rush of adrenaline already......good for you.......get started with IELTS preparation ;)

You may order CAIPS...but you may not find any relevant notes from VO yet. And it will snatch away more that one month of your crucial time. You could use this time for IELTS. Make your decision carefully....

Give a shout here on the forum for IELTS and I am sure many members will come forward to help you out.

Mitali

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
They will surely ask for a better Score or at worst they might reject you saying that you are incompetent in Language according to the standards of Canada.

Take it again. take good preparation.

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
Thanks everyone for your support :)

My issue is with listening and reading, otherwise my writing and speaking is very good. I will try to practice more in order to prepare for the ielts exam and I hope that I will score better this time.

A

adityaa

YTNZ said:
Dear all

I am little worried because I knew lately from Qorax that Ielts score of 5.5 is considered dangerous to our application.

I scored 5.5 but my overall points are 68. What worries me is that I am RBVO since July. I started thinking that the delay in my application might be due to my low english score.

Is there anyone with 5.5 score has gone into process? Do you know anybody was rejected even though he or she passed the 67 points?

Please let me know, I am very worried now and I don't know what to do...

This is the link to my post with captain Qorax:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.2235.html
Mr. Qorax is right , if you have no job offer , you have to improve big score instead of 5.5. , "If you have AEO , than 5.5. in each is ok.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:
Thanks everyone for your support :)

My issue is with listening and reading, otherwise my writing and speaking is very good. I will try to practice more in order to prepare for the ielts exam and I hope that I will score better this time.
Good to know that.... :). Go ahead and all the very best........... :)