+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score band 6

Missdior

Jun 4, 2016
Hello, can somebody give me some opinions, I want to appy ONIP, my ielts is band 6, R7,W6,L6,S5.5, is it qualified fo me with S5.5? If not, can I apply for re assessment of my speaking score? What's the successful ratio? Thank you. And also for my writing score, quite strange,I have lived and worked in an European country for more than five years, English is my working language, how can my English skill be so low? :'(

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Missdior said:
Hello, can somebody give me some opinions, I want to appy ONIP, my ielts is band 6, R7,W6,L6,S5.5, is it qualified fo me with S5.5? If not, can I apply for re assessment of my speaking score? What's the successful ratio? Thank you. And also for my writing score, quite strange,I have lived and worked in an European country for more than five years, English is my working language, how can my English skill be so low? :'(
The answer is no. One atleast require CLB 7 in all sections of IELTS to be eligible for OINP EE. In speaking CLB 7 is equivalent to 6 band in IELTS.

The answer to second query is also negative. In my opinion, you should not go for re-assessment specially if this was your first attempt. If you have already taken IELTS more than twice and you are sure and confident enough to have score atleast 6 band, then you may try spending around 8300 inr for reassessment. I would not recommend that.

With respect to writing, there is a set format and word limit which one needs to consider in order to score better. Writing can be improved but for speaking you will require someones assistance to practice english conversation on daily basis.