+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score and immigration point of FSW

faalgoon

Dec 25, 2008
AOR - December 2004. Want to appear IELTS again for better score> have exactly 67. in the past system, scoring 7 or above 7 in any band implies 4 point. but the recent data... high proficiency will mark 4. And how much score needed to stand for high proficiency is not mentioned? Any body have better info pls share. 2nd, Is there any change in the scoring system. previously, a person can score 16 points maximum in the enlish language with all the band 7 or >7.

Happy new year and best regards, Joyful

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

faalgoon said:
AOR - December 2004. Want to appear IELTS again for better score> have exactly 67. in the past system, scoring 7 or above 7 in any band implies 4 point. but the recent data... high proficiency will mark 4. And how much score needed to stand for high proficiency is not mentioned? Any body have better info pls share. 2nd, Is there any change in the scoring system. previously, a person can score 16 points maximum in the enlish language with all the band 7 or >7.

Happy new year and best regards, Joyful
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 11 New scoring system.

PMM

faalgoon

Dec 25, 2008
thanks a lot PMM. If i resubmit my ielts report to CHC, SINGAPORE,,, do they follow the present scoring system for me or will consider the x system when i applied in december 2004

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

faalgoon said:
thanks a lot PMM. If i resubmit my ielts report to CHC, SINGAPORE,,, do they follow the present scoring system for me or will consider the x system when i applied in december 2004
If you submitted your IELTS in 2004 they will use the scoring that is most advantageous to you.

PMM

immicanada

Jul 7, 2008
Hi PMM,

Is there any word - Officially - that they will consider the IELTS score which will be most benefecial to applicants Or Do we need to ask Consulate General explicitly that to evaluated according to new rules (for the cases filed before Nov 28) .

Tx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

immicanada said:
Hi PMM,

Is there any word - Officially - that they will consider the IELTS score which will be most benefecial to applicants Or Do we need to ask Consulate General explicitly that to evaluated according to new rules (for the cases filed before Nov 28) .

Tx
Yes it was on the CIC web site, for applications submitted prior to 11/08 with IELTS results, they will received the points for language results that is most advantageous.

PMM

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
PMM said:
Hi

Yes it was on the CIC web site, for applications submitted prior to 11/08 with IELTS results, they will received the points for language results that is most advantageous.

PMM
do you mean that they will use the new points system?

faalgoon

Dec 25, 2008
May be I am in confusion with the advantageous words. pls excuse me. I read in CIC site, As I applied before Feb 2008, so new rule will not affect me in any aspect. So if I score 6.5 in any band, they will score 2 as per the old rule. But the new rule scores 4 in reading, writing, spoken at 6.5 except listening 7.5 needed to score 4.

Now If i score 6.5 in reading what will be the score? My answer: 2 points

faalgoon

Dec 25, 2008
Hi Rups.... before to say any comment regarding your advantageous score,,, i shall read many times the instruction stated in cic.. language part. But what you say is simply great... really advantageous to the applicant. coz.. scoring 6.5 is easy to 7..I will appear ils in February.

Well you can check the reference on the below link.... Ministerial instruction for faster immigration "The Action Plan for Faster Immigration includes instructions outlining a set of eligibility criteria that apply to all new federal skilled worker applications received on or after February 27, 2008. All applications made before February 27, 2008, will be processed according to the rules that were in effect at that time''

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28.asp