ielts retake

T

tariq72

I got following IELTS test result.

Listening 8
reading 6.5
speaking 5
writing 5.5

I need to retake test. If I get better bands in speaking and writing and bad bands in listening and reading . Then can I claim good bands categories in first test and good bands categories in second band as a whole result. Like Listening & reading bands in first test result and speaking & writing band results in second tests as a whole 7 bands in all reading,writing,speaking and writing. Or I will have to show first test results or only second test results.

Pls advise

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
You cannot mix and match results from two tests. If you send multiple test results, the latest one will be considered for points.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with ptv7425, you can not mix two IELTS. If you send more than one IELTS, they will use the latest one. If you send only one IELTS, they will use the one you send.

Right now, you have 11 points:

Listening 8 = 4 points
reading 6.5 = 4 points
speaking 5 = 1 point
writing 5.5 = 2 points

Mike0810

Jun 5, 2010
tariq72 said:
I got following IELTS test result.

Listening 8
reading 6.5
speaking 5
writing 5.5

I need to retake test. If I get better bands in speaking and writing and bad bands in listening and reading . Then can I claim good bands categories in first test and good bands categories in second band as a whole result. Like Listening & reading bands in first test result and speaking & writing band results in second tests as a whole 7 bands in all reading,writing,speaking and writing. Or I will have to show first test results or only second test results.

Pls advise
HI.
Can you please share experience in taking IELTS test.