+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS requirement imposed by CIC visa office London for SINP Nominees – Family

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The IELTS requirement by CIC visa office London made migrant families very frustrated and their expectations are deemed to be blurred. According to information and guidelines for Provincial Nominees including SINP applicants which are mentioned in IMM 7023 E (06-2010) visa office specific instruction, IMM EP 7000 (06-2010) guide for provincial Nominees and the SINP application guide for family member, proof of language proficiency i.e. IELTS result is not applicable on provincial nominees if the applicants are fulfilling the Language proficiency requirement described in the application guide for family member of SINP, though it is mandatory on federal Skilled Worker Class. And still CIC visa office London is deeming mandatory requirement for SINP Family Class to submit IELTS.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, i believe you got confirmation that they will not base the IELTS results as ONLY basis for english assessment?

they can ask of document on the pretext of assessing economic establishment in Canada... btw, in the guide it is also mentioend that they will assess on 6 factors of FSW.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP79.asp

3. Decision

The officer will make a decision based on:

* the number of points that you accumulate in the six factors, based on the documentation you submit with your application
* your ability to meet the Required Funds amount for the size of your family

During the decision-making process, the officer may contact you if:

* further documentation is required
* a personal interview is required

hope all is fine at your end...

auhassan said:
The IELTS requirement by CIC visa office London made migrant families very frustrated and their expectations are deemed to be blurred. According to information and guidelines for Provincial Nominees including SINP applicants which are mentioned in IMM 7023 E (06-2010) visa office specific instruction, IMM EP 7000 (06-2010) guide for provincial Nominees and the SINP application guide for family member, proof of language proficiency i.e. IELTS result is not applicable on provincial nominees if the applicants are fulfilling the Language proficiency requirement described in the application guide for family member of SINP, though it is mandatory on federal Skilled Worker Class. And still CIC visa office London is deeming mandatory requirement for SINP Family Class to submit IELTS.

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOA to All members
I have meeting with Assistant Deputy Minister of immigration Saskatchewan Mr. Rupen on Thursday September 16, 2010, to Discuss the Issue of IELTS requirement imposed by CIC visa office London England, I have Request to all of you who have received the letter from CIC visa office London to submit the IELTS result, Please email the scanned copy of that letter at my email: atiqhassan@gmail.com ASAP .So we can prove that the visa office is not asking to provide the IELTS result from some individual they are asking to submit the IELTS result more than 90% of the SINP Nominee from Pakistan. I will be grateful to you.

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greeting to all

I have discussed about the IELTS requirement imposed by from CIC Visa office London on Pakistani applicants and delay in process with Honorable Mr. Rob Norris Minister of Immigration and advanced education in yesterday (September 16, 2010) meeting with him, Assistant Deputy Minister immigration Mr. Rupen Pandya and other government officials in his Saskatoon Office, I found them very helpful kind, cooperative and they are trying to resolve this issue with their counter part in federal government, and assure us that they will resolve this issue of IELTS for SINP Nominees (Family member Category very soon.

ifffi

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2008
Nomination.....
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
IELTS Request
15-03-2011
Med's Request
30-06-2011
Med's Done....
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
30-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
auhassan said:
Greeting to all

I have discussed about the IELTS requirement imposed by from CIC Visa office London on Pakistani applicants and delay in process with Honorable Mr. Rob Norris Minister of Immigration and advanced education in yesterday (September 16, 2010) meeting with him, Assistant Deputy Minister immigration Mr. Rupen Pandya and other government officials in his Saskatoon Office, I found them very helpful kind, cooperative and they are trying to resolve this issue with their counter part in federal government, and assure us that they will resolve this issue of IELTS for SINP Nominees (Family member Category very soon.
Thank you friend, you are doing a great job for all Pakistanis.

R

rahrah

auhassan said:
Greeting to all

Thanks Hassan

We are very thankful to you and the Government officials for their kind cooperation and understanding regarding this (IELTS)

Regards

RAHRAH

iram1

Star Member
Aug 22, 2010
to auhassan
this is great news for only family member catagory but not for skilled people for sinp who also have job offer from employer
can u plz help me for this answer that for sinp nomination ielts is not compulsory for even skilled worker whio have job offer...but now on saskatchewn website they have added that cic officer can demand for ielts if he wants
but as u said that for family member catagory it will be resolved but is there any gud news for skilled workers.......
plz tell me i m confused now that they only strict to skilled peolpe who have even job offer
plz tell me that is ielts compulsory for skilled peole..even employer is giving them affidavit 500-8 of eng ability
waiting 4 ur reply
regards

iram1

Star Member
Aug 22, 2010
to auhassan
this is great news for only family member catagory but not for skilled people for sinp who also have job offer from employer(skilled worker catagory who are not under family catagory ,they have only permanent job offer from employer)
u talked to Mr.Rupin about only family members catagory or for skilled worker catagory also.........
can u plz help me for this answer that for sinp nomination ielts is not compulsory for even skilled worker whio have job offer...but now on saskatchewn website they have added that cic officer can demand for ielts if he wants
but as u said that for family member catagory it will be resolved but is there any gud news for skilled workers catagory.......
plz tell me i m confused now that they only strict to skilled catagory who have no relative there only have job offer
plz tell me that is ielts compulsory for skilled peole..even employer is giving them affidavit 500-8 of eng ability
u talked to Mr.Rupin about only family members catagory or for skilled worker catagory also...............
waiting 4 ur reply
regards

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update here if someone got decision or approval from CIC Visa Office London under the SINP Nominee thanks for your comments and your time.

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone
Honorable Immigration Minister Mr. rob Norris Addressed to Pakistani Community and answered the question of people on October 9, 2010, about the immigration issues specially IELTS, he said that Government of Saskatchewan is working tirelessly with Federal Government of Canada to resolve this issue as soon as possible, hopefully the solution will come out in near future. we are in contact with the Government of Saskatchewan and presenting the views of Pakistani community to them about the concerns of community, but the good news is that applicants received the letters from CIC Visa office London and they did not ask to them about the IELTS result. This is a good achievement of our struggle that The London Visa office is not asking to provide the IELTS from SINP nominees and they also speed up the process.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
could anybody please tell me how long does it take to get nomination letter from Saskatchewan for SINP family members category?like whats the time frame from submitting to getting SINP nomination letter?

jharna

Jul 13, 2010
Yesterday, CIC London again requested IELTS result to be conveyed within 60-days.
So far, they are not considering that dicussion which is under processed with SINP

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
The problem can be seen from both sides of the coin.

I can understand why London wants to see a level of English proficiency in everyone that is intending to live in Canada. This helps the immigrants to integrate themselves with their adopted Country, helps the kids in their schooling etc.

I also, too, understand that making it a requirement is going to cause problems. Perhaps it would be better to ask for more a general English language proficiency, rather than the formal IELTS test?

Rather than just disagreeing with CIC London, it may help, that people in the situation offer an alternative that will suit everyone?

This forum would be an excellent place to sound off ideas with others in the same situation.

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
Dear all

i am tense.i have more then 67 points also job offer i dont know why he is killing me? please help.

email from london visa office what to i dont know big problem
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:06:24 am » Quote

Dear Mr.
I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

Section 82 of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states concerning arranged employment:

"Ten points shall be awarded to a skilled worker for arranged employment in Canada in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management
Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix if they are able to perform and are likely to accept and carry out the
employment."

The occupation for which you have obtained an Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) is that of Drafting Technologist/Draftsperson, identified in the
National Occupation Classification (NOC) by the code 2253. Among the duties and responsibilities identified by your prospective employer for the job
being offered to you are: "Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, develop and prepare design sketches,
complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets, check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data, write technical reports, prepare contracts and tender documents, prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates."

English is identified on the AEO as the required language of your prospective employment. You have provided an IELTS test report form which indicates that you have moderate proficiency in English speaking and reading, and basic proficiency in English listening and writing. The job being offered to you requires you to be able to develop designs and drawings from other information as well as to complete documentation packages, write reports, and prepare contracts and cost and material estimates. Where it appears reasonable to expect that clear communication and understanding would be
necessary for efficient business operations, the ability to communicate in English at only a basic or moderate level appears to be a serious impediment
to your being able to perform the duties of the job offered to you in Canada.

As it appears that you may not have the English language proficiency which would enable you to carry out the possible employment in Canada, you
consequently do not appear to satisfy the conditions in Regulation 82 for obtaining points in the factor of arranged employment.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this assessment. You must provide any additional information
within sixty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information
before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Drooza
Have you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program i.e. SINP or Federal skilled worker Class. Please update here and also where are you from like your citizenship.
Thanks