+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Requirement Citizenship (Academic)

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
Hey everyone! So I am thinking of applying for citizenship and noticed that one of the requirements knowing English. I took an Academic IELTS Exam years ago before coming to Canada, can I use that as proof? Or do I have to take another exam in GT? I got an 8.0 on that test. Has anyone submitted their Academic IELTS result? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PhantomUser said:
Hey everyone! So I am thinking of applying for citizenship and noticed that one of the requirements knowing English. I took an Academic IELTS Exam years ago before coming to Canada, can I use that as proof? Or do I have to take another exam in GT? I got an 8.0 on that test. Has anyone submitted their Academic IELTS result? Thanks
1. If you read the instructions:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

You will find the following statement

International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have achieved a score of:

4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher); or

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
Well, just thought I'd ask if anyone tried. Guess not

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
PhantomUser said:
Wouldn't work! They go by the RULES on this one for sure.

A CLB score of 12 wouldn't work, if not accompanied by the LINC certificate (which you wouldn't get if you had a CLB score of 12 in the first place, anyway!!) A CLB score of 4/ 4.5 will work with a LINC certificate, however. They are playing by the RULES, or anything to get u into trouble... So u get them a CLB score of 4.5 and a LINC certificate, it's all good... until a CO thinks that ur language is not up to the mark and u are in trouble as well, coz now they exercise the RULE of the CO's discretion!!

So better to play by their RULES (however stupid!), and u still don't know for sure if u are ok!!

Good Luck!