+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Remark Delayed My Pool Entry. Now CRS Cutt-off Spiked!

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

So I had my IELTS results on Sep 7, but I was sure my writing score of 6.5 was incorrect so I applied for a remark. I was right and my remark corrected my score to 7 but it took too long for the remark result to come out. I received it on Oct 9th.

Although my CRS score now is 467, I am so upset because since I entered the pool the cut-off score has been 470+. If my writing score was correct from the beginning, or if I the remark did not take as long, I would have already received an ITA as my CRS is higher the cut-off of all draws since then.

My question is, can I make some request to IRCC (or any other official body) to look into my case in particular? I know this sounds disparate; frankly I may be so because my birthday is in the begging of December and thus my score will drop further :(

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hello everyone,

So I had my IELTS results on Sep 7, but I was sure my writing score of 6.5 was incorrect so I applied for a remark. I was right and my remark corrected my score to 7 but it took too long for the remark result to come out. I received it on Oct 9th.

Although my CRS score now is 467, I am so upset because since I entered the pool the cut-off score has been 470+. If my writing score was correct from the beginning, or if I the remark did not take as long, I would have already received an ITA as my CRS is higher the cut-off of all draws since then.

My question is, can I make some request to IRCC (or any other official body) to look into my case in particular? I know this sounds disparate; frankly I may be so because my birthday is in the begging of December and thus my score will drop further :(

I understand your situation but sorry there is no way to deal with this other than to hope that draw score drops down soon. Nothing starts until and unless you have received ITA.

How many points are you going to loose on birthday?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

No - not possible unfortunately. IRCC will ignore such a request. You'll just have to hope the score drops to 467 or below soon.

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
I understand your situation but sorry there is no way to deal with this other than to hope that draw score drops down soon. Nothing starts until and unless you have received ITA.

How many points are you going to loose on birthday?
I lose 6 points unfortunately, so I will go down to 461. It is still an ok score but the chance of the cut-off getting that low is very slim if my judgement is correct. My biggest hope now if for the next draw to hopefully go down 5 points at least...which also is unlikely.

Is there some way to contact IRCC about this issue? The standard list on the "Contact us" page is too restrictive.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I lose 6 points unfortunately, so I will go down to 461. It is still an ok score but the chance of the cut-off getting that low is very slim if my judgement is correct. My biggest hope now if for the next draw to hopefully go down 5 points at least...which also is unlikely.

Is there some way to contact IRCC about this issue? The standard list on the "Contact us" page is too restrictive.
IRCC won't care. This is entirely your own personal situation and they are not going to make an exception to immigration rules for you.

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
IRCC won't care. This is entirely your own personal situation and they are not going to make an exception to immigration rules for you.
Please chill :)
Even if my situation has no resolution and I have to just accept it, there is no harm in notifying officials of gaps or areas of improvement. After all, these rules are based logic and fairness. If they fail to deliver based on such criteria, then they need to be improved.

In anyway, thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Even if my situation has no resolution and I have to just accept it, there is no harm in notifying officials of gaps or areas of improvement. After all, these rules are based logic and fairness. If they fail to deliver based on such criteria, then they need to be improved.

there are thousands of applicants each year, the rules are the rules. if they make an exception for someone with your case, you'll be taking the spot of someone who actually had the right points. wouldn't be fair would it?

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
there are thousands of applicants each year, the rules are the rules. if they make an exception for someone with your case, you'll be taking the spot of someone who actually had the right points. wouldn't be fair would it?
How would I be taking someone's spot if my points are above the cut-off in the draw I should have been in? I wouldn't be taking anyone's spot! In fact, someone else has taken my spot unintentionally just out of luck.

In addition, I don't want any exception for "me". I just noticed an exceptional situation that is caused by delays from a third party (British Council). I think I am probably not the only person who found him/herself in this situation. There probably are tens of people annually who run into such unique situation. I don't see any problem in having a new rule where, if such case is proven with evidence, the candidate's profile would be nominated if his/her points turn out to be indeed above the cut-off of the draw he should have enrolled in...whatever the proper legal language is.

In anyway, thank you again for your replies.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

There was no gap or failure to deliver. You took the IELTS when you did. You requested a remark. You did not qualify at the time of the draw based on your own personal choices.

How would I be taking someone's spot if my points are above the cut-off in the draw I should have been in? I wouldn't be taking anyone's spot! In fact, someone else has taken my spot unintentionally just out of luck.

In addition, I don't want any exception for "me". I just noticed an exceptional situation that is caused by delays from a third party (British Council). I think I am probably not the only person who found him/herself in this situation. There probably are tens of people annually who run into such unique situation. I don't see any problem in having a new rule where, if such case is proven with evidence, the candidate's profile would be nominated if his/her points turn out to be indeed above the cut-off of the draw he should have enrolled in...whatever the proper legal language is.

In anyway, thank you again for your replies.
There is no "should have been in the draw". You didn't qualify for that draw and no one took "your spot".

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
Not really. I didn't have an IELTS exam back then that would have given me the required CRS score. So it is clearly not the same logic.

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
There was no gap or failure to deliver. You took the IELTS when you did. You requested a remark. You did not qualify at the time of the draw based on your own personal choices.

What "personal choices"? Getting the wrong score is not really my choice, is it?

There is no "should have been in the draw". You didn't qualify for that draw and no one took "your spot".
I don't think you understand the case. In anyway, thank you for your review and feedback.

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
Not really. I didn't have an IELTS exam back then that would have given me the required CRS score. So it is clearly not the same logic.
What you had "back then" is a score of 6.5. which also did not qualify you. What you will have in december is 6points less. Just work with realities. Sorry it turned that way but if you were so sure about you remark result you could have applied and put 7 to get an invite. But it was not a reality so you couldn't really do that. You needed to wait for a remark and it takes time. Accept it and focus on what you can do for future draws

M.alsh

Nov 16, 2019
What you had "back then" is a score of 6.5. which also did not qualify you. What you will have in december is 6points less. Just work with realities. Sorry it turned that way but if you were so sure about you remark result you could have applied and put 7 to get an invite. But it was not a reality so you couldn't really do that. You needed to wait for a remark and it takes time. Accept it and focus on what you can do for future draws
I couldn't just put a score different from what was in the certificate. It would be immediately flagged by the system as it wouldn't match the score given by my TRF reference number!

I did accept reality and thanked you all several times for your comments. But I keep receiving comments with kind of hurtful language, while I am in such a tough situation. I mean seriously, it should be okay that we disagree sometimes, shouldn't it? I am sure we all can spend our time more effectively than arguing here trying to prove ourselves right.

Thank you all again.

DraganaDO

Jun 2, 2019
I couldn't just put a score different from what was in the certificate. It would be immediately flagged by the system as it wouldn't match the score given by my TRF reference number!

I did accept reality and thanked you all several times for your comments. But I keep receiving comments with kind of hurtful language, while I am in such a tough situation. I mean seriously, it should be okay that we disagree sometimes, shouldn't it? I am sure we all can spend our time more effectively than arguing here trying to prove ourselves right.

Thank you all again.
But you just answered your problem yourself in the first part and basically agreed with me saying you it was not your reality at the time of a draw. So there wasnothing you could do about it. If you could not apply you shouldn't have been ina draw.
Again sorry it turned that way but I am trying to tell you to put your focus on what you can do about your score in the future.