tdb_canada

May 3, 2017
My wife has the following score -

L 8.5
R 8
W 6.5
S 8
Total 8

because of 6.5 in W we are loosing close to 55 points, so I have applied for re-evaluation only for W and we have given the exam through IDP India in Delhi.

What are the odds of getting a 7 in W, are they in favor or against ?

I want to know from the experts - if she should start preparing again or if there is a chance in this case ?

Thanks in advance,
TDB

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
From what I hear, if there is a difference of 2 or more points between bands, they get automatically re-checked. On the other hand, writing is very subjective, so there is a good chance of increased score, especially with such consistently good results in other parts. I would say if money and time are not a problem (7-10weeks wait), then go for it.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
I suggest to re-write the exam with British Council. If you get better score in re-evaluation it is good otherwise you have to re-apply after 10 weeks which is a long time.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016

L 8.5
R 8
W 6.5
S 8
Total 8

because of 6.5 in W we are loosing close to 55 points, so I have applied for re-evaluation only for W and we have given the exam through IDP India in Delhi.

I want to know from the experts - if she should start preparing again or if there is a chance in this case ?

Thanks in advance,
TDB
writing has a scope for improvement in revaluation, the only concern is time

good luck

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
I had a similar scenario. I had 6.5 in W. I applied for reevaluation of only W and they increased my W score by 0.5 band. I guess re-evaluation for a module like W has a very good chance of being successful.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018

L 8.5
R 8
W 6.5
S 8
Total 8

Thanks in advance,
TDB
Hi,
Could you please share the result? Was it updated to 7 or No change.
I also got L-8, R-8, W-6.5 , S-7. Want to know if it is worth applying for re-evaluation.

Thanks.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Hi,
Could you please share the result? Was it updated to 7 or No change.
I also got L-8, R-8, W-6.5 , S-7. Want to know if it is worth applying for re-evaluation.

Thanks.
If you have the money and can wait you should apply for re-evaluation. I did, and it got changed by 0.5 in writing. However, before applying for re-evaluation I would advise you to check the band score marking criteria. If you have a strong gut feeling that you fall in 7 for writing then go ahead. Good luck. I hope you get a positive reply if you decide to re-evaluate.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
If you have the money and can wait you should apply for re-evaluation. I did, and it got changed by 0.5 in writing. However, before applying for re-evaluation I would advise you to check the band score marking criteria. If you have a strong gut feeling that you fall in 7 for writing then go ahead. Good luck. I hope you get a positive reply if you decide to re-evaluate.
It was my first attempt and I am not sure what they expect us to write. I wrote both task1 and task2 for around 180 and 280 words. But the only confusion is that for Task 2 I got a "Is it a good or bad thing" essay. I wrote it as opinion essay as they said "OR" means I have to choose one side and write accordingly.

Mostly I will do both re-eval and take of date of next test. Earliest date is 3rd november. I am not afraid of giving it again but its kind of mental trauma for next 3 months.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
It was my first attempt and I am not sure what they expect us to write. I wrote both task1 and task2 for around 180 and 280 words. But the only confusion is that for Task 2 I got a "Is it a good or bad thing" essay. I wrote it as opinion essay as they said "OR" means I have to choose one side and write accordingly.

Mostly I will do both re-eval and take of date of next test. Earliest date is 3rd november. I am not afraid of giving it again but its kind of mental trauma for next 3 months.
Yes, you were supposed to choose a side/opinion in your essay. Well get the evaluation done, if it changes then you are good to go. If not, then no other option than sit for exams again.