+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Preparation Tools and Resources

sagsha

Mar 9, 2018
Every candidate applying for Canada PR will need IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score at the time of submitting their Express Entry profile.

You need a minimum of CLB level 7 to be eligible for this program. However, IELTS score is one of the most important variable factor influencing your score. A low IELTS score will drop your score dramatically.

To see the impact of IELTS score on the overall score, check the score with CLB level 7 in all four abilities and then check with CLB 9 in this CRS calculator.

In India, there are two institutes that conduct IELTS – British Counciland IDP Education. You need to select General Training module and not Academic.

Once you register with them, you will receive preparation course material that gives complete details about the test.

IELTS Test Preparation Resources
To help you prepare for the tests, here are some useful resources you can use.

How are IELTS Scores Calculated?
Here are some links to understand how IELTS band scores are calculated.

You can find this link and detailed guide on Canada Express Entry PR - http://www.canadapronline.com

vasukeerc

Dec 19, 2018
Hi,
Can I rely on the test papers I received with the exam registration?
That is as of now, my reading score is 31 and listening score is 33. Can I take it as a reference as to where I stand now?
Can someone reply faster, I have my exam on 19th Jan

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Hi,
Can I rely on the test papers I received with the exam registration?
That is as of now, my reading score is 31 and listening score is 33. Can I take it as a reference as to where I stand now?
Can someone reply faster, I have my exam on 19th Jan
Yes the test papers should pretty much set a standard. Apart from those i personally feel IELTS Liz website is very useful for quick learning of the question types from the exam.