+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on Family Class Sponsorship..

witchkid

Nov 10, 2011
does IELTS still a requirement even though we have a sponsor in Canada? we are planning to apply for a family class sponsorship early next year. I have a colleague migrated to Canada last year and she doesn't undergo IELTS test. She just submitted a certificate of English Proficiency.

answer me please..thanks..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are being sponsored by a close Canadian relative or a spouse under family class, you do not need IELTS.

JEWEL JOEL

Jan 4, 2012
Hi,my first cousin who is an immigrant in Canada wants to sponsor me in migrating there.Do I still need to take IELTS?I'm confused now upon reading your reply because I called the Canadian embassy few months back and told me,I still need to take IELTS,but some of my friends who are applying as family sponsorship(sponsored by aunties or brothers)told me,no need for the IELTS.Which is which?pls do enlighten me with this one as I am starting to apply for immigration..Thank you so much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JEWEL JOEL said:
Hi,my first cousin who is an immigrant in Canada wants to sponsor me in migrating there.Do I still need to take IELTS?I'm confused now upon reading your reply because I called the Canadian embassy few months back and told me,I still need to take IELTS,but some of my friends who are applying as family sponsorship(sponsored by aunties or brothers)told me,no need for the IELTS.Which is which?pls do enlighten me with this one as I am starting to apply for immigration..Thank you so much.
What program is he sponsoring you under? MBPNP or SINP? When you know that, go to the website of that program and look up the requirements yourself.

JEWEL JOEL

Jan 4, 2012
Hi,do I really need to take IELTS before submitting my application forms?(my first cousin will sponsor me under Mannitoba Provincial Nominee)or can I submit first and take the IELTS after?...if I will take IELTS,is it GENERAL or ACADEMIC?..sorry,I'm confused.

Hope to hear from you soon.Your reply will be appreciated.Thanks.
God bless!

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
sobiali said:
how many band you needs to get through for student visa and for Skilled worker Immigration?
it depends on college/university you applying to..
usually 6.5 and not less than 6 in any module is ok

witchkid

Nov 10, 2011
Leon said:
What program is he sponsoring you under? MBPNP or SINP? When you know that, go to the website of that program and look up the requirements yourself.
hi leon.. i just got confused with your answer.. if you are applying under family class sponsorhip,, you will still fall under SINP? i thought SINP and family class are not the same? because in form,, you will choose family class sponsorship or economic class which includes the sinp.. so i guess they're different..

i guess you've heard the sad news,, SINP made changes on the requirements of eligibility.. they require now job offer.. which is so impossible to have.. even skilled worker finds hard to find an employer so how can we.. so we decided to apply for family class sponsorship.. i'm still studying their requirements,, and by the time we've gather all the forms and documents needed.. then we'll submit it..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
witchkid said:
hi leon.. i just got confused with your answer.. if you are applying under family class sponsorhip,, you will still fall under SINP? i thought SINP and family class are not the same? because in form,, you will choose family class sponsorship or economic class which includes the sinp.. so i guess they're different..
If you read the post I was replying to there, it is from somebody who is being sponsored by a cousin, also referring to friends who were sponsored by brothers or aunts. The only programs where you can be sponsored by your cousin, brother or aunt is family stream PNP in SK or MB.

If you are being sponsored under family stream as a spouse or a dependent child, different rules apply.