+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on 11th Feb

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piyush_h said:
Hi,

Me and my wife gave the Ielts general training exam on 11th Feb 2017.
Below are our score

me:- R 7, L 8.5,S 7,W 6.5 , overall 7.5
my wife:- R 7.5, L 8 , S 7.5 , W 6.5 ,overall 7.5

We both are post-graduates , please let us know if we will make through the express entry pool and any ways to improve our points.
Use this calculator to help yourself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

and try to score perfectly in IELTS, I mean you both have .5 marks less in writing this will impact much in your final CRS.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
piyush_h said:
Hi,

Me and my wife gave the Ielts general training exam on 11th Feb 2017.
Below are our score

me:- R 7, L 8.5,S 7,W 6.5 , overall 7.5
my wife:- R 7.5, L 8 , S 7.5 , W 6.5 ,overall 7.5

We both are post-graduates , please let us know if we will make through the express entry pool and any ways to improve our points.

L 8
7 in the rest is crucial.

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
still no results for Saudi Arabia candidates , any one has the same issue or any one ins Saudi got his results from IDp ?

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
[quote ]
Use this calculator to help yourself.

and try to score perfectly in IELTS, I mean you both have .5 marks less in writing this will impact much in your final CRS.

[/quote]

I have calculated and my score is coming as 416 and latest cut-off was 441. :'(
how much difference of score does it make with .5 marks in writing? Is there any other way apart from giving the test again?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
A CLB 9 and above with give you 50 points more. 416 will become 466.

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
`I visited IDP office today in Riyadh and it was closing so phone answering or physical checking too , IDP is the worst test center in the world , I will never recommend IDP to any of my colleagues

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raoulmos said:
`I visited IDP office today in Riyadh and it was closing so phone answering or physical checking too , IDP is the worst test center in the world , I will never recommend IDP to any of my colleagues
Well it depend upon center to center. I go my result yesterday and today I received my TRF as well. And my experience was not bad at all talking exam at IDP.

sam1989

Jan 13, 2017
Gave the test on 11 feb in the US and got better scores than expected.

L 9.0
R 8.0
W 8.5
S 9.0
Overall 8.5

Thanks to the resources on this forum! Onwards to submitting my EE profile.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
sam1989 said:

L 9.0
R 8.0
W 8.5
S 9.0
Overall 8.5

Amazing score!!! Any tips???

aeldemerdash

Feb 24, 2017
IDP has sent an email to me to notify me of the delay in test report form.

We refer to the IELTS test that took place on 11th February 2017, in British University in Dubai.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates. As a result of these procedures, the test scores from the 11th February 2017 have been delayed from standard release for further analysis.

Does anyone experience something like this before ?

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam1989 said:

L 9.0
R 8.0
W 8.5
S 9.0
Overall 8.5

Plz give reference to the resources you use, really in need of good IELTs score.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aeldemerdash said:
IDP has sent an email to me to notify me of the delay in test report form.

We refer to the IELTS test that took place on 11th February 2017, in British University in Dubai.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates. As a result of these procedures, the test scores from the 11th February 2017 have been delayed from standard release for further analysis.

Does anyone experience something like this before ?
Yes. I had taken an ielts exam on Jan 7th and the results were withheld for 6 weeks. I didn't want to wait that long so I retook the ielts and for my desired score. I don't care about that previous result anymore.

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Hey I just wanted to know how CRS tool calculate the scores in each 4 aspects, which aspect has more weight-age ie Listening or Reading ??
as I read in the previous post that if you get CLB 9, point increases by 50..how ??

Is there any material to read about IELTS scoring and weightage. I tried to search in CIC webpage yesterday but couldnt find clear explaination

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fperk_83 said:
Hey I just wanted to know how CRS tool calculate the scores in each 4 aspects, which aspect has more weight-age ie Listening or Reading ??
as I read in the previous post that if you get CLB 9, point increases by 50..how ??

Is there any material to read about IELTS scoring and weightage. I tried to search in CIC webpage yesterday but couldnt find clear explaination
Ostensibly, the only thing that matters is what CLB level you are at. Migration from CLB 8 to CLB 9 definitely boosts your CRS score. Within each CLB there is no significant difference. For instance, you have scored 8, 7, 7, 9 LRWS. Effectively your CLB is 9. But your overall CRS score won't be significantly superior than someone who scored 8, 7, 7, 7, which is still CLB 9.