+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS May 23rd 2019

S_Priya

May 26, 2019
L8.5 R7.5 S7 W7.5
My IELTS journey ends here, after 6 months of preparation, 3 attempts and over 50k RS spent, it's finally over. For a moment I thought I'd never make it, but you just need to believe in your self.
Congratulations!
Can you give some advice for writing section. I am following the structure and other things recommended on websites but still stuck on 6.5.

db79

May 24, 2019
Congratulations to all who made it & for the others who were not so lucky, please don't despair. If there is a will, there is a way!

BayJs

Sep 18, 2018
Congratulations!
Can you give some advice for writing section. I am following the structure and other things recommended on websites but still stuck on 6.5.
I used to follow Liz's method and E2 Jay's method (a combination of both) Somehow I got 7 in my second attempt, but after that, I tried a different approach, 5 paragraph method (intro-Bod para 1,2, 3 or opinion- conclusion) It took some time to get used to that. I think in India, to score 7+ you must give them something different than the common style. And also learn good vocabulary for each topic (For eg, my essay was about the involvement of teenagers in social problems, so I included words like substance abuse and drug peddlers) Also learn some idiomatic phrases (not idioms), learn how to use them in the essays on different topics (eg, key to success, as a means to an end). I don't know which one of the above impressed them, so try to include all of these in your essay. Good luck

Reactions: TripleE01

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I used to follow Liz's method and E2 Jay's method (a combination of both) Somehow I got 7 in my second attempt, but after that, I tried a different approach, 5 paragraph method (intro-Bod para 1,2, 3 or opinion- conclusion) It took some time to get used to that. I think in India, to score 7+ you must give them something different than the common style. And also learn good vocabulary for each topic (For eg, my essay was about the involvement of teenagers in social problems, so I included words like substance abuse and drug peddlers) Also learn some idiomatic phrases (not idioms), learn how to use them in the essays on different topics (eg, key to success, as a means to an end). I don't know which one of the above impressed them, so try to include all of these in your essay. Good luck
How many words did you write for 5 paragraph?