+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 25th 2017 ( today) - experience?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Went to get my IELTS score this morning at British Council. I couldn't believe what my eyes had to behold. L 8 R 5 W 5.5 S 8.5. I got so hung up by listening test because of my Nov test, i completely ignored Reading part, but to see my writing part, it is disgusting me big time. May be because i wrote with a low quality pencil it got rubbed up by itself and got so messy for examiner to check it properly. I have never scored anything below 6 in any module so far including Academic and General. I am so disappointed with myself :( Just no hope. I have to give up fags and give a full hearten commitment. Wondering to go for British Council again or IDP. Never appeared for IDP. Any suggestions guys? TIA

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
KingKurly said:
Went to get my IELTS score this morning at British Council. I couldn't believe what my eyes had to behold. L 8 R 5 W 5.5 S 8.5. I got so hung up by listening test because of my Nov test, i completely ignored Reading part, but to see my writing part, it is disgusting me big time. May be because i wrote with a low quality pencil it got rubbed up by itself and got so messy for examiner to check it properly. I have never scored anything below 6 in any module so far including Academic and General. I am so disappointed with myself :( Just no hope. I have to give up fags and give a full hearten commitment. Wondering to go for British Council again or IDP. Never appeared for IDP. Any suggestions guys? TIA
Hello Kingkurly. I know; it is shocking to see totally different results from what was expected. But for IELTS, preparation is Key. try recollecting what went wrong, and in my opinion you an apply for another test, but have at lest 2 months to prepare. Over confidence is a killer. It is like top sports team thinking they can defeat any team, and goes to play without much preparation. Good luck

Ps: I am also applying for IELTS test. Not that I want to score more, but my IELTS expires in April 2018. Sitting at 424, i don't have much hope for an ITA this year. So I am planning to give IELTS in july 2017, so that even is my scores delay for a whole 3 months, I won't panic.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
Hello Kingkurly. I know; it is shocking to see totally different results from what was expected. But for IELTS, preparation is Key. try recollecting what went wrong, and in my opinion you an apply for another test, but have at lest 2 months to prepare. Over confidence is a killer. It is like top sports team thinking they can defeat any team, and goes to play without much preparation. Good luck

Ps: I am also applying for IELTS test. Not that I want to score more, but my IELTS expires in April 2018. Sitting at 424, i don't have much hope for an ITA this year. So I am planning to give IELTS in july 2017, so that even is my scores delay for a whole 3 months, I won't panic.
You are absolutely correct Robin. I did prepare well for Listening and Writing but totally ignored Reading. I was confident enough to score at least 7 in Reading. No doubt i was over confident for Reading. Writing was totally cos of my stupidity because i wrote with a low quality pencil. Never again. Moving forward i am going to practice much more for Listening and Reading which keeping constant check for speaking and writing as well.

As for your ITA, you are totally getting your ITA before June. I watched a video in which 3 women, two of them are immigration consultant and one of them was very confident to point out CRS will keep going down and settle in early 420's by the mid-year and very likely go below 410 by the end of this year. So you are having it this year man! Of course you would require a new IELTS score and from what i read, you will be fine with your IELTS. All the best. Cheers :)

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
KingKurly said:
You are absolutely correct Robin. I did prepare well for Listening and Writing but totally ignored Reading. I was confident enough to score at least 7 in Reading. No doubt i was over confident for Reading. Writing was totally cos of my stupidity because i wrote with a low quality pencil. Never again. Moving forward i am going to practice much more for Listening and Reading which keeping constant check for speaking and writing as well.

As for your ITA, you are totally getting your ITA before June. I watched a video in which 3 women, two of them are immigration consultant and one of them was very confident to point out CRS will keep going down and settle in early 420's by the mid-year and very likely go below 410 by the end of this year. So you are having it this year man! Of course you would require a new IELTS score and from what i read, you will be fine with your IELTS. All the best. Cheers :)
Thanks :) all the best to you. For writing I think the key is using a range of vocabulary, structuring sentence and practicing using paper and pencil. I did this mistake by practicing on a computer, but in Actual a paper and pencil practice is more important. Good luck to you. Any help, feel free to message me !

darkven91

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
NOC Code......
qgon123 said:
Result Received :(

L8.5 R8 W7 S6.5
Congrats on the results and I know how you feel about the speaking part... Are you considering evaluation and/or retaking the exam?

By the way, how did you receive it? Via post? SMS?
Did they notify you that the investigation was done?

Best of luck!

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:

Hi Robinson,

Hope you got the ITA by today

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
rajnsk said:
Hi Robinson,

Hope you got the ITA by today
Thanks! Haven't yet received it ( because another email id is used-my immigration consultants), but hoping to get it soon :) good luck to you as well!

Update: received ITA on 13th April, 2017! Thank you!