+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 25th 2017 ( today) - experience?

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
qgon123 said:
Is there anybody who remember the answers of GT Reading Section-3 (Aquaculture) matching questions and t/f/ng. I ended up choosing C, E, and F for most of the matching questions, and I am not satisfied.
Can't remember my answers.

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband also says this exam's listening part was really diffuclt

His previous score L:8 S:8 R:8 W:6

Now hes is not sure if he can get 8 from listening again.

Should we book 8th April test now or wait till results come out and attend the next exam?

By the way we will choose BC this time because of IDP poor scoring.. So we will be waiting for results much more longer this time

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dremmzyb said:
The answer was definitely part-time.

about the question about call rates, i cant fully remember but if the options were T/F/NG , I think i choose NG because the passage didn't say there were only 3 options available for international call. The passage said the most popular options were Quick Call/ $5 Anytime / cant remember the last one
I guess answer was "False" because there are three packages plus you can also call without using any package on standard rates. So total options should be more than 3.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
ayshilal said:
My husband also says this exam's listening part was really diffuclt

His previous score L:8 S:8 R:8 W:6

Now hes is not sure if he can get 8 from listening again.

Should we book 8th April test now or wait till results come out and attend the next exam?

By the way we will choose BC this time because of IDP poor scoring.. So we will be waiting for results much more longer this time
Have you taken your IELTS? My wife will be appearing for April end test from IDP. I have written on March 25th, hoping to score well but it was comparatively tough. If i don't score well, i think I'll sit for early May exam

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
Have you taken your IELTS? My wife will be appearing for April end test from IDP. I have written on March 25th, hoping to score well but it was comparatively tough. If i don't score well, i think I'll sit for early May exam
Yes I gave IELTS on February. My overall score is 6.

For my husband(main applicant) We booked 8th April IDP test while we are waiting for the results. I wanted to go with BC this time but unfortunately, all of the sessions of 8th April are full already:(

As you said 25th exam was really tough. He is almost sure he won't get 8 from Listening. He says " I know 5 of my answers was wrong, only this is enough to miss CLB 9 level"

Boni M

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EhhCanada said:
do you guys have any material to share? I have my test coming up in couple of weeks
Try ieltsbuddyDOTcom

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
ayshilal said:
Yes I gave IELTS on February. My overall score is 6.

For my husband(main applicant) We booked 8th April IDP test while we are waiting for the results. I wanted to go with BC this time but unfortunately, all of the sessions of 8th April are full already:(

As you said 25th exam was really tough. He is almost sure he won't get 8 from Listening. He says " I know 5 of my answers was wrong, only this is enough to miss CLB 9 level"
All the best!

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
hsn005 said:
I wrote yours faithfully instead of yours sincerely
I started the letter dear samy

what about my marks deductions now :-[
It seems that u were asked to write a letter to your firend (dear samy)
So it's an informal letter.

In this u can end the letter with "Best regards", "With love" or any other sentence which shows love or affection towards a friend.
I had written "Best regards" in my letter.

But, as far as the other criteria are fulfilled, it should not make any harm to your final score.

Hope for the best..

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
darkven91 said:
Yes, but as far as I know, it should blind (small b letter) not Blind (with a capital letter).
Well guys..

In your L or R tests, capital or small letters will NOT affect your score.
U surely can choose all capitals, all smalls, or even mixture of it (Of course not in the Names of people or country n all that)

That is to say, u can write BLIND, or Blind or blind or even BliNd..
All are correct..

Follow this link to get more idea. http://ieltsliz.com/capital-letters-in-ielts-will-it-affect-your-score/

Hope it helps..

Give me +1 dear...

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
EhhCanada said:
do you guys have any material to share? I have my test coming up in couple of weeks
To practise for IELTS, I'd like to share with u people a few website links which helped me to get my 8 band score in IELTS.
They are really very helpful.. U will surely like them.

http://ieltsmaterial.com/

ieltsliz.com/

https://writetotop.com/

These 3 I found very helpful for practising.
They also have very informative videos section, just watch them...

All the best for your tests..

Hit the GOOD button my friend..

sundeep38

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Listening was indeed difficult. Especially the Learning Study Center topic, I had to hear other people turning their papers and realize I am lagging behind ;D. I don't think I will score 8. I have booked with BC this time coz its four attempts with IDP and max I got is overall 7.5.

Writing task 2 is about the wild life protection and why some people with that too much money is allocated. Do you agree or disagree.

Writing task 1 is giving instructions to a friend who will house-sit the flat during the vacation. What else he needs to do for any other issues.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
stepover said:
Spot on mate. Me too. I was distracted too from those to a couple of questions afterwards on the next page so I guessed a lot!

There was one question I cant really remember, something like .
.................. students can have their tutoring in the evening.
I missed that part of the discussion so i think i just guessed 'part-time' as answer.

In the reading section, the first question under the Phone call rates / options, it it ONLY three options for international calling?

Wrote in Abuja!
Phew!, already feel gutted already!

yup one answer was part time and the one later or earlier was reception staff

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
nabilkhan said:
I guess answer was "False" because there are three packages plus you can also call without using any package on standard rates. So total options should be more than 3.
i went with false as well

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
nabilkhan said:
21. I think answer was something like "university student" I am not sure, this is for sure it is not for "public"
24. Monthly newsletter.....
i went with weekly email