+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 25th 2017 ( today) - experience?

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
Hi All, I'm really hoping to score 8 in listening but I'm doubtful if I answered map labelling questions correctly. Until the results come out I'll be in doubt . I know it's not possible to recollect all the answers but if anyone can, could you please confirm answers of map section? It will be helpful in giving me some relief

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Yes, surprisingly the IELTS test this time was a bit tough! Felt like I was doing Academic test. the reading at the end got my nerves. All the best everyone

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
dremmzyb said:
Hi, I also took my IELTS test today in Lagos, Nigeria. This was the exact question for task 2 while task 1 was about a letter to a friend staying at your apartment while you are away.

I would like to know if you had the same Listening Test. I got a bit distracted in question 21 and 24

21. I think it was about a Student Learning Center and the options was A) Open to students and members of the public
B) Students with student cards

24. Information about workshop is released A) Monthly newsletter
B) e-mail weekly
C) website
Answer to 24 is i think B. The person (male voice) says monthly newsletter is brief, but detailed courses are sent to email weekly. He goes on to say that website is not updated and needs some work on it!

I don't recall what answer to 21 is, but I think it is the third option.. as she says that that "I attend evening courses"....

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lailina said:
according to one of the ex-IELTS examiners I checked my writing with, you may lose points in Task achievement. I made the same mistake once. But if the other things, like number of words, purpose of the letter, coverage of all 3 bullet points, are ok, then u might be ok. Lets hope for the better
I find it bizarre they'd require one to retake IELTS after 2 years, do they expect your english to have become *worse* with time? Makes no sense at all

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
gailmargolis said:
I find it bizarre they'd require one to retake IELTS after 2 years, do they expect your english to have become *worse* with time? Makes no sense at all
Indeed, this has troubled me. I am English. I only know English. I'm not going to forget my native language in 2 years.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
gailmargolis said:
Your IELTS scores are awesome! Funny how it is valid for 2 years only... given the fact that you can take n no.of tests to achieve your desired score

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
emailtoraj90 said:
I took test from Chennai,India today.

Writing test task 2: Some people agree that government spends more on saving wildlife rather than other areas.

Do you agree or disagree?

Sorry mate I may not be 100% correct.
Same as mine yesterday. I did a poor job in this writing task. Did not manage time very well and chocked towards the end!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gailmargolis said:
They think you will "forget" English. AFAIK, the only thing that can deteriorate with age is the your eyesight, hearing and may be concentration.

dremmzyb

Oct 9, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
kadian said:
From the above comments it seems IDP & BC have different question papers

Mine was IDP, Delhi:
Letter-providing info to Friend for ur home stay while u r out on holiday
Essay-people criticising govt. spending on wildlife

IDP Essay Question seems easy compared to BC essay topic shared by @Lailina
@Lailina: I am impressed to see your 2015 IELTS scores, was it BC or IDP in 2015 and which country?

Listening :
Section 4 Query
Colourless and ...................... (Blind / Sightless) ???
The answer was obviously Blind

dremmzyb

Oct 9, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
I really hope i get a Band 8 in listening. For some funny reason, i got a bit distracted especially in the map labeling section which i think the last answer was E.

I am hoping for a 35. If the answer to 24 was "monthly newsletter" , then am really optimistic i can get an 8.

My first IELTS was LSWR - 7.5,7.5,7,7 with CRS Score of 414.

This is my second attempt and I'm really hopeful i can get CRS -478

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
dremmzyb said:
Hi, I also took my IELTS test today in Lagos, Nigeria. This was the exact question for task 2 while task 1 was about a letter to a friend staying at your apartment while you are away.

I would like to know if you had the same Listening Test. I got a bit distracted in question 21 and 24

21. I think it was about a Student Learning Center and the options was A) Open to students and members of the public
B) Students with student cards

24. Information about workshop is released A) Monthly newsletter
B) e-mail weekly
C) website
Spot on mate. Me too. I was distracted too from those to a couple of questions afterwards on the next page so I guessed a lot!

There was one question I cant really remember, something like .
.................. students can have their tutoring in the evening.
I missed that part of the discussion so i think i just guessed 'part-time' as answer.

In the reading section, the first question under the Phone call rates / options, it it ONLY three options for international calling?

Wrote in Abuja!
Phew!, already feel gutted already!

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Prt0721 said:
Hi All, I'm really hoping to score 8 in listening but I'm doubtful if I answered map labelling questions correctly. Until the results come out I'll be in doubt . I know it's not possible to recollect all the answers but if anyone can, could you please confirm answers of map section? It will be helpful in giving me some relief
Where did you take the exam? I had a set of questions in listening dealing with map involving ship harbor area. Is that what you're talking about?

dremmzyb

Oct 9, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
stepover said:
Spot on mate. Me too. I was distracted too from those to a couple of questions afterwards on the next page so I guessed a lot!

There was one question I cant really remember, something like .
.................. students can have their tutoring in the evening.
I missed that part of the discussion so i think i just guessed 'part-time' as answer.

In the reading section, the first question under the Phone call rates / options, it it ONLY three options for international calling?

Wrote in Abuja!
Phew!, already feel gutted already!
The answer was definitely part-time.

about the question about call rates, i cant fully remember but if the options were T/F/NG , I think i choose NG because the passage didn't say there were only 3 options available for international call. The passage said the most popular options were Quick Call/ $5 Anytime / cant remember the last one

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
They think you will "forget" English. AFAIK, the only thing that can deteriorate with age is the your eyesight, hearing and may be concentration.
Good point, but given most people in line for these immigration programs tend to be in their 20s and 30s, it's unlikely eyesight/hearing/concentration could deteriorate considerably in the span of a couple years

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Is there anybody who remember the answers of GT Reading Section-3 (Aquaculture) matching questions and t/f/ng. I ended up choosing C, E, and F for most of the matching questions, and I am not satisfied.