+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - March 03rd

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
yes please.
tell what is the doubt
In reading, i scored a 7 last time. I have my exam on 3rd now... need an 8. Can you please tell me few doubts i have in true and false. I think i loose most of my marks in that section :

A. statement in the passage:
Like all other Australian poisonous snakes it is an elapid, which means it has neurotoxic venom.
This venom mainly attacks the nerves of the body, but it also contains blood destroying properties.
The poison from elapid is generally very dangerous to humans

Question :
Elapid snakes are always poisonous.

I wrote: False since it was not mentioned in the passage that it is always venomous.

the correct answer was true.

how to tackle such questions?

B. statement in the passage:
The bandy bandy average about 60cm in length but can grow up to 80cm. It is found in all types of habitat from rainforest to swamp to deserts.

Question : you'll never find a bandy bandy over 1 metre long.

I wrote: Not given. As nothing like that was mentioned.

The correct answer was true.

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
In reading, i scored a 7 last time. I have my exam on 3rd now... need an 8. Can you please tell me few doubts i have in true and false. I think i loose most of my marks in that section :

A. statement in the passage:
Like all other Australian poisonous snakes it is an elapid, which means it has neurotoxic venom.
This venom mainly attacks the nerves of the body, but it also contains blood destroying properties.
The poison from elapid is generally very dangerous to humans

Question :
Elapid snakes are always poisonous.

I wrote: False since it was not mentioned in the passage that it is always venomous.

the correct answer was true.

how to tackle such questions?

B. statement in the passage:
The bandy bandy average about 60cm in length but can grow up to 80cm. It is found in all types of habitat from rainforest to swamp to deserts.

Question : you'll never find a bandy bandy over 1 metre long.

I wrote: Not given. As nothing like that was mentioned.

The correct answer was true.
you need to enhance your comprehensive skills.
for 1st question its mentioned "Like all other Australian poisonous snakes" and saying it is an elapid , that means its poisonous.

for ques 2; its mentioned that height is 80cm max(upto), so its obvious that it can not be over 1 metre .

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
you need to enhance your comprehensive skills.
for 1st question its mentioned "Like all other Australian poisonous snakes" and saying it is an elapid , that means its poisonous.

for ques 2; its mentioned that height is 80cm max(upto), so its obvious that it can not be over 1 metre .
Yeah practising more for that. I have a few more questions :

1. statement :

More than ten years ago, while taking the temperature of the universe, astronomers found something odd. They discovered that a patch of sky, spanning the width of 20 moons, was unusually cold.

question : Astronomers often find something odd on the sky.

i wrote : false . since it is very clearly mentioned that few years ago the astronomers found something odd ( nothing like often is mentioned)

correct answer given online is : not given ( i do not understand how ! )

2. statement :

"The CMB blankets the sky, and looks pretty much the same everywhere, existing at a feebly cold temperature of 2.725 kelvins"

question : The CMB varies from extremely low to very high temperatures

i wrote : false. since it is clearly mentioned it exists everywhere only at low temperatures.

correct answer given online is : not given

3. cosmic supervoid is so big that it might be the largest structure in the universe.

question : The cosmic supervoid is the largest structure in the universe

i wrote false

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017

1. statement :

More than ten years ago, while taking the temperature of the universe, astronomers found something odd. They discovered that a patch of sky, spanning the width of 20 moons, was unusually cold.

i wrote : false . since it is very clearly mentioned that few years ago the astronomers found something odd ( nothing like often is mentioned)

2. statement :

"The CMB blankets the sky, and looks pretty much the same everywhere, existing at a feebly cold temperature of 2.725 kelvins"

i wrote : false. since it is clearly mentioned it exists everywhere only at low temperatures.

3. cosmic supervoid is so big that it might be the largest structure in the universe.

i wrote false

Hey can you send me the link, from where your taking the test

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018

1. statement :

2. statement :

i wrote false

1- Question is "quite often" and its not given anywhere the find is quite usual/often, so answer is NOT GIVEN
2- Question is showing change from low to very high, passage does not show any change from low to high, its showing only existing temperature to be very cold, so answer is NOT GIVEN
3- Question ask is it largest? and passage says it might me largest , means it can be it can not be, so its NOT GIVEN

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
1- Question is "quite often" and its not given anywhere the find is quite usual/often, so answer is NOT GIVEN
2- Question is showing change from low to very high, passage does not show any change from low to high, its showing only existing temperature to be very cold, so answer is NOT GIVEN
3- Question ask is it largest? and passage says it might me largest , means it can be it can not be, so its NOT GIVEN
Thanks ! Now getting a little hang of it !