+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - IDP or British Council

MG22

Jul 31, 2017
Friends,
I am about to register for IELTS and just want to crosscheck if one is better than other IDP or British Council
Also, somehow I could not find the exact address of the IELTS test Centers in Delhi NCR. I want to be sure of commuting convenience before i Book my test.

Could someone please share the address of all Dehi NCR locations: Noida , Delhi and Gurgaon

pakhi_sarker

Jul 31, 2017
Friends,
I am about to register for IELTS and just want to crosscheck if one is better than other IDP or British Council
Also, somehow I could not find the exact address of the IELTS test Centers in Delhi NCR. I want to be sure of commuting convenience before i Book my test.

Could someone please share the address of all Dehi NCR locations: Noida , Delhi and Gurgaon

I prefer IDP to British Council (I am in Bangladesh, can't say anything about India)

Reactions: MG22

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
There is no specific test centres for IELTS as they allocate any available hotel in Delhi. But that's for sure that it will be in Delhi only.
Me and my husband gave IELTS both the time.its fine. Hope this helps.

MG22

Jul 31, 2017
There is no specific test centres for IELTS as they allocate any available hotel in Delhi. But that's for sure that it will be in Delhi only.
Me and my husband gave IELTS both the time.its fine. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Did you choose British council or IDP?

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Both are more or less the same. If you are prepared, choose one that offers an early date. It all depends on which center you take the test and how comfortable they make you. It's never about IDP or BC.

MG22

Jul 31, 2017
Both are more or less the same. If you are prepared, choose one that offers an early date. It all depends on which center you take the test and how comfortable they make you. It's never about IDP or BC.
Thanks. I am getting desired dates for both and somehow the details of test centers are not available in Delhi NCR so not sure about the comfort factor of test center

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
It doesn't matter. I opted for IDP but you can choose either of these. Look at earliest availability. They won't tell you the center beforehand, they keep on changing centres also. They will give you enough advance notice (except for speaking) that you will be able to plan. For speaking, normally only a few days of notice is given and it can be on a weekday (which it normally is) as well.

Rahulsarna

May 30, 2017
Does not matter BC or IDP.

What matters is the location. That should suit you. Because if it's in another city, you will have to travel twice. And if you are not fresh at the exam time, you are unlikely to score well.

I went with BC, New Delhi. Center was Radisson Dwarka.

Tip: Do not carry anything other than a passport and stationary on the exam day. You would have to stand in line to deposit belongings if you carry them and that takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes just before the exam. Just a waste of time and energy. Take a family member if possible and hand over the belongings (Phone, keys, etc).

All the best :)