+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS (GT) IDP 19 Jan 2019 - Discussion, Preparation & Answer Keys

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I can feel your misery .. its sucks to crack writing and then being stuck on reading.. i never read anywhere that scores are changed for a listening or reading re-evalution. Hence will suggest to reappear again rather than wasting 6k. Your scores are amazing n ull crack it next time for sure :)
Thanks for the motivation!! Last time I got 8.5 in reading ..
that's why this is hard to digest 6.5...

You are right.. better to retake exam than re-evaluate.
Hope next attempt to be my last...

Kudos to you btw! You did great! Wish you all the luck

Reactions: vineetj2202

vineetj2202

Sep 8, 2018
L-9
R-7.5
W-6.5
S - 7.5

Should i go for revaluation? What are my chances?
You should be confident if you opt for writing reevalution. No one can suggest whether you shld go for it or not.. There are cases when scores have been increased to 7, but totally depends on case to case.. I too was thinking was thinking of re evaluation in my previous exam, but opted out cz i remember i made alot of mistakes in the test and was not sure whether my score will increase..

Saurabhhanda

Dec 1, 2018
You should be confident if you opt for writing reevalution. No one can suggest whether you shld go for it or not.. There are cases when scores have been increased to 7, but totally depends on case to case.. I too was thinking was thinking of re evaluation in my previous exam, but opted out cz i remember i made alot of mistakes in the test and was not sure whether my score will increase..
Thanks. But i guess i did not make alot of mistakes in writing.

Haseeb Raja

Feb 1, 2019
I had IELTS General test on 19th January and after receiving result lost trust in system and completely don't understand their assessment criteria.
Got overall 7.5 band and most weird thing is 6 in speaking .I had 8 band in speaking 6 years ago and in fact my speaking is much better now.
I'm living in UK since 2009 and have really good English speaking communication and working as Manager in company.
I believe it's only depend on examiner mood and there is no specific criteria for speaking. lol

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
My own openi
I had IELTS General test on 19th January and after receiving result lost trust in system and completely don't understand their assessment criteria.
Got overall 7.5 band and most weird thing is 6 in speaking .I had 8 band in speaking 6 years ago and in fact my speaking is much better now.
I'm living in UK since 2009 and have really good English speaking communication and working as Manager in company.
I believe it's only depend on examiner mood and there is no specific criteria for speaking. lol
My own opinion is that in recent times they are becoming very subjective with the grades. I don't really get it but the only thing we can do is to keep trying.

Pavan909

Jan 19, 2019
Yesterday got the results. Feeling very much disappointed. Especially with the speaking bit. I think probably the marking is very relative w.r.t the examiner. Being my first attempt,

L- 8
R- 6.5
W- 7
S- 6.5

I also think the reading part was a bit weird and complex totally unexpected and very much unlike the GT standards so it was lengthy and a bit screwed up.

mohd1910

Feb 2, 2019
Guys, what site should I check my results on? I did the exam in the British Council but there website is asking for my candidate number which I do not know???
Between: Do they post results on weekends? as we have a holiday on Friday and Saturday!! and friday was the 13th day

thank you