+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts GT 9th feb questions And discussion

Liuking3d

Jan 17, 2019
I have done blunders while writing listening answers.
I changed my 14 answer from location to architect mcq
21 from first JIT to supermarkets mcq
And 31 I changed from oceans to ocean, because there was the before the blank. I hope even ocean will be correct because it fits grammatically.
What do you think of ocean answer?
The answer to 14 is the location and the other one is Oceans not Ocean... Ocean will be wrong.

teashaa

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
The answer to 14 is the location and the other one is Oceans not Ocean... Ocean will be wrong.
IELTS rule: if both singular and plural fits grammatically, then either could be the answer irrespective of what speaker said.
So both oceans and ocean are correct.

Liuking3d

Jan 17, 2019
IELTS rule: if both singular and plural fits grammatically, then either could be the answer irrespective of what speaker said.
So both oceans and ocean are correct.
Yeah, in as much as we would want that to be true. I major IELTS listening rule is always write down exactly what the speaker said... If you hear plural noun write down plural noun, if you hear singular noun, then write down singular noun.

teashaa

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, in as much as we would want that to be true. I major IELTS listening rule is always write down exactly what the speaker said... If you hear plural noun write down plural noun, if you hear singular noun, then write down singular noun.
Definitely, we should write what we hear, but possibility should never be discouraged.

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
b
Listening:

I wrote "large organizations" in the fourth part cuz 2 words were allowed. Similarly, I had written "languages" for one of the questions, but changed this to "language" because the question had an "a".

Reading:

In part 1, most questions were either true or false. Only one question was NG (the question about product description). In part 2, I had "automatic right", "set procedure" etc. Most of the answers had 2 words in this part.

In the last part, the question about colours is G, the question about what the airline company will do next is H, the question about hopes about the future trend is the para that says "the company hopes to get back the invested money before the construction is done". All answers in this part had answers between para c or D - H. Nothing from A or B (Someone needs to confirm this)

In the last part, fill in the blank questions, there was one question that had interior ____. After spending too much time on this and being unsuccessful, I wrote features. Not sure of the answer.

In the true or false questions, there was one true, one not given (about the singapore, london question) and 2 false. One was more than 555 passengers and the other one, I am not sure.

I will post anything else which I remember later.
but for listening ,ORGANIZATIONS was already given in the question....