+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General Training 8 September 2018 India

daluu129

Sep 20, 2018
I have no idea. I got a mail that said that they had processing issues. I called some people i wrote with and they got the same mail as well. so we await a feedback by monday.

Prit_d

Sep 8, 2018
Test Date 08 Sept 2018 (British Council)
Listening 8
Reading 7
Speaking 6.5
Writing 7
OverAllBandScore 7

will speaking remarking help?
I have read success stories with the increase in 0.5 to 1 band with British Council. If you are confident about your speaking then it's worth going for re-evaluation (as per my opinion). There is a chance of increment but no guarantee.

Last edited:

Prit_d

Sep 8, 2018
Test Date 08 Sept 2018
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
OverAllBandScore 8

Can not believe It !!!!
Mine score is exactly the same! R=9, L= 8, S=7.5 and W = 6.5 :-(
Very disappointing..this is so frustrating...thinking of going for re-evaluation

Prit_d

Sep 8, 2018
Mine is L-8, R-7, W-7.5, S-6.5
Cant believe...
Any idea how much it takes for remark?
I am from Ahmedabad and I have taken IELTS from IDP..I called today them today and enquired about revaluation, they said it takes 9500 INR + 2-4 weeks time

Sarakhan18

Sep 8, 2018
By
I have no idea. I got a mail that said that they had processing issues. I called some people i wrote with and they got the same mail as well. so we await a feedback by monday.
By monday? Thats too late...

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Gave via IDP UAE and still haven't received result :(

Mrs rukky

Jan 29, 2017
I appeared for 5th time since August 2017 and here is my score this time:

L - 9
R - 7.5
W - 7
S - 7

I have learnt that what matters is how badly you want the damn score...no matter what, do not quit...keep hanging...good luck to all
This is so true. September 8th ielts general test was my 4th attempt and I got 8.5,7,7,7 in LRSW. Persistence is the key to life!!! Finally free from ielts.

Reactions: daluu129

darshitparekh

Jul 15, 2018
Guys this is a very strong recommendation which I have experienced myself.
I appeared for IELTS GT 3 times starting July 2018 to September 2018.

The below is my detailed experience,
We all know that there are 2 institutions in India, Mumbai which undertakes IELTS - British Council and IDP
Well, my experience with all the 3 exams was that I appeared for IDP for the first 2 times in July and August and I assumed that British Council might affect my results and should try appearing for the 3rd time with British Council.

To the fact, It is very important to share with you all that I experienced and noticed.
IDP is always a better and one of the best institution you should appear IELTS with.
They have an excellent flow of management, very well organised, good exam centres, Projector for Time, Good Ventilation Centres, Polite Invigilators and method of helping each way to us while appearing.
Most importantly, the results that I scored with IDP is very well justified and satisfactory.

While on the other hand, the third attempt of IELTS and the first time with British Council was pathetic.
They do not have proper management and exam centres. It is so poor that you feel uncomfortable in the exam hall and the headsets are very very bad in quality that you will never hear anything clearly.
The other students are so close to your desk that even if you extend your hand you can reach them due to which you do not have enough space in between for the noise to not interrupt you.
The management is pathetic in the terms where they did not even know how to register candidates and everyone is asking each other. The invigilators are all aged 50 years and above and they do not even use the Mic to announce anything but shout at the top of the voice which the last benchers will never hear.
Moreover, very very important thing, there is no timer at all in the projector that you can estimate during the exam. They show the current time on the projector and how would someone understand "the amount of time remaining" to the task.
And the worst part, I got 8.5 in listening twice in IDP and overall I scored 7.5 but just once with British Council, I got 6.0 in all bands (hahaha) which is such an irony that I scored same in all bands and overall.

The speaking tutor at British Council was so rude to most of us (as we discussed) that only she wanted to speak more than us and hence we do not understand how does she assess our speaking when she just does not allow us to talk. She keeps on questioning which is just not the module. Also, British council conducts Speaking in a Small Cornered Hotel Room which is so much cluttered that no more than 6 candidates can fit in for registration. Exam Centre was also at Rajiv Gandhi college in Andheri, Mumbai and Damn, if you look at the centre, you would rather not sit for the exam due to the suffocation and closer desks to each other with poor headsets. The stupid part that I have seen with many of my friends and I experienced is we started writing task and after 15 minutes, the 50 year old invigilator shouts, "only 20 mins remaining" and the entire hall was screaming "What the Hell" and then she apologised for wrong timing.

This is a very common problem with British council and hence guys, this is very important for you all to understand that we all save money to migrate to Canada and work really hard to appear with good scores at IELTS. I would very strongly recommend IDP for IELTS as they are truly the winners in each way out.

The above is just my opinion from my very own experience and IDP is truly the best Management for IELTS.
All the best to you all.

Reactions: daluu129

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
I gave my IELTS test on Sep 8 with BC New Delhi. Scored LRWS 9,9,7,7.5. Missed out on writing by 0.5, and have applied for recheck. My writing section went better compared to speaking and I hope that 0.5 increase is achieved.