+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General American Countries Only 5th January

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Did you still remember the key words in the paragraph? I forgot. Pretty sure I have H and G in my answers, not sure about the order though.
One was about weather. G
Another one is about some study. Don't know the answer
Next one I got the answer F

AlexPat

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
One was about weather. G
Another one is about some study. Don't know the answer
Next one I got the answer F
Weather one was F ( last para on first page and some sentences on second page of the passage)
H was measures and
G was past action that took place in 1869 which was unsuccessful.

AlexPat

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Oh 1 wrong.
1 Chinese wrong already
Not sure about all the 3 T/f/ NG in Section 3

As far I know 5 got wrong.
1. The olive eggs are famous than others: Not Given
2. Why they lay eggs at this island only is unclear: True ( It was clearly mentioned in paragraph 3 that they travel here to lay eggs for some unknown reasons)
3. People are rewarded for legal transporting of eggs: True ( last paragraph mentioned that 30 percent of the sale is given to the drivers carrying eggs ethically and 70 percent is given to the hotel owners)

AlexPat

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Listening:

Does anyone else remember the speaker saying the tour office is located in next premises or block? Or is it only me?
I heard this so it pursuaded me to chose that cafe option.

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
2. Why they lay eggs at this island only is unclear: True ( It was clearly mentioned in paragraph 3 that they travel here to lay eggs for some unknown reasons)
3. People are rewarded for legal transporting of eggs: True ( last paragraph mentioned that 30 percent of the sale is given to the drivers carrying eggs ethically and 70 percent is given to the hotel owners)
Is it!!!!!!!!!! I am flying the air!!!!
1 wrong. 2nd one. Because i was running out of time

2 correct.

So far 1 para matching, 1 t/f/ng and 1 chineese = total 3 wrongs.

I got hope that i would get 7 for sure!!!!

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Listening:

Does anyone else remember the speaker saying the tour office is located in next premises or block? Or is it only me?
I heard this so it pursuaded me to chose that cafe option.
i heard that its near. but i dont know what made to choose Tour Office. I heard like its not cafe or shop. :-( but not sure.

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
It was Boots not Booths

Funny thing for me is, I was struggling to write "Noise/Noice" lol. and "Tunnel/Tunnal" :).. I dont know why. I think because of tension.

Noise i seen in the Reading passage so, i confirmed mine is correct. I was worried Tunnel/Tunnal. I wrote 2 3 times and confirmed my answer. I got to know "what is meant by tension" really in the listening exam.

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018

Listening
Part 1: 10 fillups
Part 2: 6 (3 choices) + 4 (choose from the list)
Part 3: 5 (box) + 5(3 choices) ===== can you pls confirm this?
Part 4: 10 fillups

am i right?

or part 3: 6(boxed mcq) + 4(3 choices) ???

sampathika

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Listening
Part 1: 10 fillups
Part 2: 6 (3 choices) + 4 (choose from the list)
Part 3: 5 (box) + 5(3 choices) ===== can you pls confirm this?
Part 4: 10 fillups

am i right?

or part 3: 6(boxed mcq) + 4(3 choices) ???
Why i am asking is.

part 3: boxed mcq - only 2 correct. so want to know remaining 3 wrongs or remaining 4 wrongs :-(