+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts General American countries December 1st

mohsinrz

Apr 5, 2017
I gave my IELTS Computer delivered in Toronto on 7th Dec but haven't received result, my test center is just saying that you will receive email about your result. Anyone who has given test on 7th dec please update.

AlexPat

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Guys! Need suggestion! I got my score.
L:8 R:6.5 W:8 and S:8
I flunked in my reading section. Do you think revaluation will work? I am surprised to see my reading score so low!

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
I flunked in my reading section. Do you think revaluation will work? I am surprised to see my reading score so low!
Well If you think that you did a good job in Reading, I suggest you to go for it. It is much better than paying another 300+ and time to appear in another test.

yhan

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
If you are suspicious of speaking or writing, you could try re-evaluation. For reading or listening, I believe it is not possible.

Reactions: AlexPat

Ling82

Oct 12, 2018
Can I ask you a question?I always stuck in reading with 5.5.Is that because I put NG rather than Not given?Will I lose marks because of this?Im really upset

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone ,

I took the IELTS General test on December 01, 2018 at the IDP Centre in Markham.

My scores are as follows:

Speaking: 9.0
Listening: 8.0
Writing: 8.0
Reading:7.5

Overall Band: 8.0

I am disappointed by my Reading score. I expected it to be 9.0 bands because i found the test to be very easy. I completed the Reading task within 35 minutes and reviewed the answers multiple times. I was certain that all my answers were correct.

Does anyone here recommend, that I should ask IDP to revaluate my Reading score?

Ling82

Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone ,

I took the IELTS General test on December 01, 2018 at the IDP Centre in Markham.

My scores are as follows:

Speaking: 9.0
Listening: 8.0
Writing: 8.0
Reading:7.5

Overall Band: 8.0

I am disappointed by my Reading score. I expected it to be 9.0 bands because i found the test to be very easy. I completed the Reading task within 35 minutes and reviewed the answers multiple times. I was certain that all my answers were correct.

Does anyone here recommend, that I should ask IDP to revaluate my Reading score?
Congrats!By the way,did you write T F and NG?Does it lose marks because of not writing full answer like True?Thank you.

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Congrats!By the way,did you write T F and NG?Does it lose marks because of not writing full answer like True?Thank you.
Thank You !

I answered the questions in my reading test with TRUE , FALSE or NOT GIVEN.

I was told to use uppercase letters while answering all the questions in the Reading and Listening portion of the test.

I saw a ton of youtube videos from IeltsLiz which i felt helped me immensely with the test.

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
I haven’t received an online results yet. I did double checked my personal information when inputting. My test center was Centennial Progress Campus. Please advise.

Ling82

Oct 12, 2018
Thank You !

I answered the questions in my reading test with TRUE , FALSE or NOT GIVEN.

I was told to use uppercase letters while answering all the questions in the Reading and Listening portion of the test.

I saw a ton of youtube videos from IeltsLiz which i felt helped me immensely with the test.
Big help thank you!
It’s so strange that I attended IELTS 3 times already.I felt it’s quite easy but the result is always 5.5

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Big help thank you!
It’s so strange that I attended IELTS 3 times already.I felt it’s quite easy but the result is always 5.5
Hello there,

I was told to observe the following instructions while doing the reading task:

Always write your answers in uppercase.

Always highlight the main phrase of the question i.e What, Where, Why, How Much, When etc.. and look for answers in a chronological manner in the paragraphs.

Don't overthink the question. IELTS wants brief exact answers.

If you can summarize the paragraphs into key phrases it will help you navigate the topics. Example, paragraph 1 deals with explanation , paragraph 2 deals with causes, paragraph 3 deals with consequences.

Dont try to understand the topic given just focus on the key question phrase and skim through the topic.

I hope this information helps you.