F - the place far side of the lake

Any takers?

Reactions: anuch2588

bokoblin

Nov 11, 2018
in the reading about public speaking, there is one question about
the budget will be considered incorrect because it was only one word
it allows two words.
the one with "budget" is right after "small scale", so I remember I double-checked

bokoblin

Nov 11, 2018
Here’s what i wrote for the map:
D - the building at the corner of the two roads
C - the first building when you bend right on one road
H - the second building down the main road
F - the place far side of the lake

Any takers?
if they really said "far side of the lake", then it should be E.
the far side of the lake is still by the lake, it is the same as "the other side of the lake that takes longer to walk from the crossroad".
F has nothing to do with the lake.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Question on briquette machine. The machine needs minimum ________ . Is it electricity or energy? she started with electricity as topic but I remember she ended with saying the machine needs minimum energy. which one is correct?

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
if they really said "far side of the lake", then it should be E.
the far side of the lake is still by the lake, it is the same as "the other side of the lake that takes longer to walk from the crossroad".
F has nothing to do with the lake.
yea, did anyone hear anything like "opposite" of lake, right side of the intersection etc? I lost completely on that line. You never know, ielts might purposefully mislead you by stressing the word "lake" so you will choose E.

Ling82

Oct 12, 2018
yea, did anyone hear anything like "opposite" of lake, right side of the intersection etc? I lost completely on that line. You never know, ielts might purposefully mislead you by stressing the word "lake" so you will choose E.
So the correct answer is the place beside the lake or opposite the lake?

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
what did you guys write for the question "the bicycle got it's name because of it's appearance" in reading? I wrote road rider (because of it's thin wheel and lower handlebars)

ocanada1

Nov 8, 2018
what did you guys write for the question "the bicycle got it's name because of it's appearance" in reading? I wrote road rider (because of it's thin wheel and lower handlebars)
It is probably penny-farthing, the bike with one big wheel and one small. It was paraphrased as ‘it looks like british coins’