+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GENERAL 24TH MARCH- LET'S COMPARE ANSWERS HERE!

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018
Expected Reading - 38-40
Section Listening - Moderate, 12.5, Fish, 279, seafood, map, waterfall, 5:30 are some of the marked answers in section 1, 1988, was supposed to provide employment to local people, Tickets can only be bought online, F, A , B , C, D (MAP Question with Statue and Shop), C,E,C,E (SET OF PAIRS in two questions), legal, dark, storage, sticker, willow - unique product, professor felt the results were about average for survey, Accounting Department for Survey, boxes, access, bins, durable, warning (street signs), sculpture - next phase of completion etc. are some options that were marked and remembered.
Expected Listening 32-35
The most confusing part with map was question s 1 and 3. Initially he says left something. Corner or corridor , I dono....for question 3, he says, to Ur left.
Before that he says next to seminar room for #2 which is A. But I cannot remember if she says , again come back to entrance and take left. If so, then it is E, . But I am not sure if she asks to return to entrance for answer 3. Kindly suggest anyone and pls post when u heard coming back to entrance. Was it for #3

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
The most confusing part with map was question s 1 and 3. Initially he says left something. Corner or corridor , I dono....for question 3, he says, to Ur left.
Before that he says next to seminar room for #2 which is A. But I cannot remember if she says , again come back to entrance and take left. If so, then it is E, . But I am not sure if she asks to return to entrance for answer 3. Kindly suggest anyone and pls post when u heard coming back to entrance. Was it for #3
The map mentioned Statue and You are here as a starting point, There was a big hint about the shop, owing to the mention of statue and there was a big obvious hint, which I don't remember, but after listening to his last hint , it was evident that answers were F,A,B,C,D

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Mandeep1989 said:
Criticism was not given nothing mentioned about it in paragraph

you're right!
I think I also wrote Not given .am not sure though.
i think it was mentioned and the answer is False
there were a paragraph were Mr.Massar or massarad can't remember his name said the fish were delighted to live in the water during the experiment because the water was desalinated (clean) so it was not criticized but in fact preferred

suniyal2

Mar 28, 2018
Mandeep1989 said:
Criticism was not given nothing mentioned about it in paragraph

i think it was mentioned and the answer is False
there were a paragraph were Mr.Massar or massarad can't remember his name said the fish were delighted to live in the water during the experiment because the water was desalinated (clean) so it was not criticized but in fact preferred
There was this mention of the scientist dismissing concerns about the safety of fish in the leftover water;however, there was no mention of a public outcry or criticism. So I would think Not Given is what it is. Although I took it to be false if i apply my bias there.

Reactions: Gagan4790

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018
The map mentioned Statue and You are here as a starting point, There was a big hint about the shop, owing to the mention of statue and there was a big obvious hint, which I don't remember, but after listening to his last hint , it was evident that answers were F,A,B,C,D
Okay, but anything u remember about #1 and #3. As per the previous discussions here, it is doubtful if it is F , B or E, F for questions 1 and 3. So, asked in case anyone remembered anuthany about recording and landmarks for these questions

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
Okay, but anything u remember about #1 and #3. As per the previous discussions here, it is doubtful if it is F , B or E, F for questions 1 and 3. So, asked in case anyone remembered anuthany about recording and landmarks for these questions
RECORDING did mention about walking down the corridor, and F is at the entrance to the left, unless you walk towards the statue, one can figure about A and obvious B adjacent to it..

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
C is obviously behind the statue , which is cafe or fourth choice in MAP question , thus answer choices become F,A,B,C and D/E are the only choices left for final choice to choose from..D seemed obvious from a hint provided in the conversation towards the end, that made it clear that choice "D", which had an exit was the choice for shop, the structure had an exit, also shown, D was larger rectangle and E was a pretty small in size comparatively and did not seem to have easy access, on looking at the diagram..

a_nambiar

Nov 11, 2017
C is obviously behind the statue , which is cafe or fourth choice in MAP question , thus answer choices become F,A,B,C and D/E are the only choices left for final choice to choose from..D seemed obvious from a hint provided in the conversation towards the end, that made it clear that choice "D", which had an exit was the choice for shop, the structure had an exit, also shown, D was larger rectangle and E was a pretty small in size comparatively and did not seem to have easy access, on looking at the diagram..
I think D was right next to the Cafe
but I think the speaker said the Shops was right to the info centre,thus I marked E.

texasaggie2003

Mar 28, 2018
cool, let's see , keeping fingers crossed..Listening proved to be tougher than I might have thought, it seems Listening Proved to be the toughest section in all 4, Reading and Speaking were comparatively easier than Listening, with minimal confusion..

Kulroop

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
I dont remember the map at all ...but i am pretty sure the left to corridor and then simple left was mentioned.
Listening was tough for section 2and 3
Reading was so so ... Writing part was good except for the confusion ... Speaking still pending ... Fingers crossed
Waiting for results is the most difficult part and definitely a test of patience.
Hope everyone gets through ....all the best ..

Reactions: Ese2014

Kulroop

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Though i really do not understand y they make listening tricky or confusing!! Whats the point ... This is a english test assessing about how u understand verbal part and not something to test your response to confusion or iq test.

Reactions: Ese2014

Madhuri_kk

Mar 24, 2018
I dont remember the map at all ...but i am pretty sure the left to corridor and then simple left was mentioned.
Listening was tough for section 2and 3
Reading was so so ... Writing part was good except for the confusion ... Speaking still pending ... Fingers crossed
Waiting for results is the most difficult part and definitely a test of patience.
Hope everyone gets through ....all the best ..
Agreed. Waiting is so tough especially when you are not sure how u have done or don t have knowledge about answers. No option other than to wait :-( but even then ll never know the answers

Baruu

Mar 27, 2018
The speaker mentioned that we are the starting point, and if you take the corridor to the left, you will see the first place. That was moving from the central point to the left, you get E. Point A was beside the seminar room.
The speaker then said that we return to the starting point and that the third point is on the left. That means the place immediately to the left of the starting point is the third place. Then C is at the end vertically to the starting place. Dis towards the exit.