+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General 1st February 2018 Answer Key

lok254

Oct 27, 2017
How

How did you got test report form number?
For updation in CIC website
My interpretation of TRF number (since this was my second attempt, I had my previous TRF #). Hope it helps.

for ex. 17IN123456SURG001G

Where, 17IN - Year and Country code
123456 - Candidate Number
SUR - 3 char of Surname
G - 1st char of Given Name
001G - Centre Number & General Module

Nopli

Feb 7, 2018
ah missed out by 0.5 in writing.. This was my first attempt.. L/R/W/S 7.5/7.5/6.5/7 Any tips on how to get 7 in writing?

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
I have a query.. me and my husbands scores are horrible overall 5 and 6.
We had the examination at Idp Dubai.
Some of our friends that were very worried they would get low scores actually scored much higher than us, they took the examination at BC... so my question is .. could IDP be a bit harsh ??
Does anyone have any experience in IELTS Dubai?

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Relieved to see LRWS as 8.5 8.5 7 8. Was worried that would lose in writing as I had literally scribbled all over the page in task 1.

fayaz5555

Feb 1, 2018
Guys I got L- 8.5 R7.5 S7 and W 6.5
Please check my writing.
Recreating Writing section as I can remember,
L-8.5
R-7.5
S-7
W-6.5

Task 1 (150 words)
Write a letter to your friend who wants to know about your college ,
1. Describe why you recommend this college
2. Mention about things you doesn't like about the college
3. Explain why you recommend this college to your friend
Answer
Dear Peter,
How are you doing?. I wish you were here so I can tell you about my college in person. I absolutely recommend you the college I study. Our institute has one of the largest library compared to other colleges in the city. My college also has all the courses for your higher studies. Our college is located in the heart of the city and college campus also provide accommodation .

One thing that I doesn't like about our college is our college canteen which is small and doesn't provide much options in food . There are lots of local food chains and restaurants near by our college so you don't have to worry about the food in college canteen.
Our college also have one the biggest play grounds and all sports facilities are also available .

My final opinion is that I strongly recommend you to come and join the college I study. See you soon in our college
Best regards ,
Fayaz
TASK 2 (250 words word limit )

1. Some people think increasing taxes on companies who pollute reduce industrial pollution, others think there are other effective ways
Discuss both views and share your opinion on This
Answer

The population of world is rapidly increasing, as the population increase the material needs are also increasing. For meeting the needs new companies and industries are emerging each passing day. With more and more companies come up the pollution also goes up. There are people who think increasing tax on polluting companies might reduce industrial pollution.

In my opinion heavy taxing of polluting companies may not reduce the pollution. Most of the companies are competing for large profits and polluting environment Is not an issue for them. In places like Delhi where air pollution is a big problem high taxes for polluting industries are already in place but still there is no reduction in pollution.

The pollution is mainly caused by non scientific method of disposal of waste. Example can be electronic industry where lots of e- waste is produced when newer gadgets are released. The solution for this is to recycle the materials as much as possible. There are also other industries like plastic and textile industries which can reduce waste by recycling the waste products.

The taxing of companies which cause pollution didn't work well in places like Delhi so the best way to reduce pollution is to increase the recycling of waste and scientific methods of disposal. The government should enforce strict laws for companies to follow guidelines of recycling their waste and build treatment plants to reduce the environment pollution.

My opinion the effective way to reduce pollution by industries and companies is to reduce the harmful waste by recycling . Thus a better environment and less polluted earth is gifted to future generation

Babadook

Feb 15, 2018
I have a query.. me and my husbands scores are horrible overall 5 and 6.
We had the examination at Idp Dubai.
Some of our friends that were very worried they would get low scores actually scored much higher than us, they took the examination at BC... so my question is .. could IDP be a bit harsh ??
Does anyone have any experience in IELTS Dubai?
I think you should accept the fact that you overestimate your English abilities. Start from there. Then systematically approach each sections from scratch. At this point nothing is trivial and you should focus on every detail to realise your mistakes.

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
Guys I got L- 8.5 R7.5 S7 and W 6.5
Please check my writing.
Recreating Writing section as I can remember,
L-8.5
R-7.5
S-7
W-6.5

Task 1 (150 words)
Write a letter to your friend who wants to know about your college ,
1. Describe why you recommend this college
2. Mention about things you doesn't like about the college
3. Explain why you recommend this college to your friend
Answer
Dear Peter,
How are you doing?. I wish you were here so I can tell you about my college in person. I absolutely recommend you the college I study. Our institute has one of the largest library compared to other colleges in the city. My college also has all the courses for your higher studies. Our college is located in the heart of the city and college campus also provide accommodation .

One thing that I doesn't like about our college is our college canteen which is small and doesn't provide much options in food . There are lots of local food chains and restaurants near by our college so you don't have to worry about the food in college canteen.
Our college also have one the biggest play grounds and all sports facilities are also available .

My final opinion is that I strongly recommend you to come and join the college I study. See you soon in our college
Best regards ,
Fayaz
TASK 2 (250 words word limit )

1. Some people think increasing taxes on companies who pollute reduce industrial pollution, others think there are other effective ways
Discuss both views and share your opinion on This
Answer

The population of world is rapidly increasing, as the population increase the material needs are also increasing. For meeting the needs new companies and industries are emerging each passing day. With more and more companies come up the pollution also goes up. There are people who think increasing tax on polluting companies might reduce industrial pollution.

In my opinion heavy taxing of polluting companies may not reduce the pollution. Most of the companies are competing for large profits and polluting environment Is not an issue for them. In places like Delhi where air pollution is a big problem high taxes for polluting industries are already in place but still there is no reduction in pollution.

The pollution is mainly caused by non scientific method of disposal of waste. Example can be electronic industry where lots of e- waste is produced when newer gadgets are released. The solution for this is to recycle the materials as much as possible. There are also other industries like plastic and textile industries which can reduce waste by recycling the waste products.

The taxing of companies which cause pollution didn't work well in places like Delhi so the best way to reduce pollution is to increase the recycling of waste and scientific methods of disposal. The government should enforce strict laws for companies to follow guidelines of recycling their waste and build treatment plants to reduce the environment pollution.

My opinion the effective way to reduce pollution by industries and companies is to reduce the harmful waste by recycling . Thus a better environment and less polluted earth is gifted to future generation

I can see in a quick glance that in essay, you started the 2nd paragraph with 'In my opinion', where as that should be the last paragraph and then you mentioned the opinion in last paragraph as well. you had to discuss both views and then give your opinion.

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
Finally got the desired score in 4th attempt: LRWS- 9,8.5,7,7. Was stuck at W-6.5 from last 3times.
Boosted score to 459 :)

Shaankarr

Feb 15, 2018
Finally got the desired score in 4th attempt: LRWS- 9,8.5,7,7. Was stuck at W-6.5 from last 3times.
Boosted score to 459 :)
Could you please help me in listening, My score was consistently band 6, but I was preety good in listening. I have gone with everyone's answer which was quite similar to me but then why do my band score was always band 6.

sharma2730

Jan 19, 2018
Need your help guys... Did my graduation (BSc(IT)) from PTU Distance Learning. Completed the same in 2010. Any idea of what will it be accounted for by WES?