1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks,

I have done teh same and have registered myself for 7th Nov. It has alraedy reached there and I have confirmed the same.

I would soon get tutorial for preparations in next week.

Please share yur experience from British Council as I am not doing any Coaching due to lack of time.

Meena

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's good meena. but i strongly suggest u to go 4 some coaching. if that is not at all possible then do some searching on the net and download some free practice material. u will receive the study material just 1-2 weeks b4 exam and that's not enough time for preparation. try some sites like www.ielts-blog.com, canadavisa.com (u can find free test material there also), scribd.com etc for free material. u can also look 4 more sites in IELTS section of the forum. but i once again advise u 2 go 4 coaching. decision is ur's.

regards.

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Meena,

I gave my exams on 26th of September. I just got the results online. Hope it stands true :). If you appear for your exam on 7th Nov , you will get your results on 20th Nov. 13 days from the day of exam. Its in black and white.

My tentative scores on the net are:

Listening : 8.5
Reading : 7.5
Writing : 7
Speaking : 7.5
Overall Band : 7.5

Hopefully I will get 16 points from my score.

I still do think that you just needa be a lil smart than slogging for an IELTS paper. Key is concentration , particularly during listening. I did not attend any classes neither did I download materials off the net. I only went through the practice booklet that british council gave me. Of course it does help if your native language is english !!

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi Jenny,

Good to hear from u.
Congratulations u got a very good score.

I am not doing any Course as first of all I dont have time and secondly I am trying to gain information on IELTS from diff websites also.

Hopefully this would work.

I am concern about the listening. How was that??? And what typw of listening they give and what is teh procedure for the same.

Meena

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
As I said the key to the listening part is concentration. You lose half a second , you lose pretty much half the questions in a section.

The listening is in 4 parts. 10 questions in each. You will be seated in a big hall and given wireless headsets. Dont worry about the sound quality . British council , around india , is ISO certified for pro metric exams.

You will hear 4 sets of conversations . Questions will appear in the order of the conversation. You need to fill the sheet as you hear. You will not hear it a second time or be given any additional assistance.

Reading is straight forward. I actually thought I did reading better than listening. Results aint showing up so.

Writing - 2 parts again. 1st will be a letter on a general topic. 2nd will be a passage of 250 words which you will need to construct.

Speaking - 1x1 with an invigilator. Your conversation will be recorded. Speak slow and speak clear. The invigilation will happen live and one recorded. So its important that you speak clearly in front of the mic as the second invigilation will happen remotely with the recording.

Good luck. My advice. Dont join any classes. Waste of money. If you are unsure, download stuff off the net and practice them. The practice material from BC,India is IELTS 6. You will IELTS 1-9 which are available for free off the net.

Results will be out the 13th day of the exam.In your case , you should get your results online on 20th Nov. Good luck and god bless.

ramaj

Sep 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I want to appear on 7th Nov. What is the last date of registration?

Thanks

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Earlier the better man. Go to http://www.ielts.britishcouncil.org.in/register-online.php and check availability.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks a lot Jenny.

I really appreciate your help.

Should I refer the material I would receive from BC only or I should also go to multiple free websites.

Though I am referring sites as discussed on Forum.

Thanks once again. You are really helpful.

Meena