+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for Refugee

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Dear Seniors,

Hope you all are fine.

QUESTION:
one of my friend is protected person and PR is in process her daughter needs to take IELTS exam but they are not accepting medical card and license as identity.

refugee id and copies of passport given by CBSA has already been expired.

what option they have now and how can she take IELTS Test.

2) is it possible they can renew Refugee claimant document as they are already protected.

Thanks and best regards.

mariamay

Jan 13, 2020
Dear Seniors,

Hope you all are fine.

QUESTION:
one of my friend is protected person and PR is in process her daughter needs to take IELTS exam but they are not accepting medical card and seriale turcesti license as identity.

refugee id and copies of passport given by CBSA has already been expired.

what option they have now and how can she take IELTS Test.

2) is it possible they can renew Refugee claimant document as they are already protected.

Thanks and best regards.
I think you will be renew refugee doc easily. Go and hire consultant for thisl

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
Instructions can be found here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1478&top=11

It's worth asking for a new Refugee Protection Claimant Document even though your friend (and his daughter) are now Protected Persons waiting for their PR application to be approved. Just explain that IELTS won't accept the Notice of Decision letter or Verification of Status document as identity documents. Refugee Protection Claimant Documents used to expire after just two years, but now they are valid for four years.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Instructions can be found here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1478&top=11

It's worth asking for a new Refugee Protection Claimant Document even though your friend (and his daughter) are now Protected Persons waiting for their PR application to be approved. Just explain that IELTS won't accept the Notice of Decision letter or Verification of Status document as identity documents. Refugee Protection Claimant Documents used to expire after just two years, but now they are valid for four years.
Thanks for your response.