+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS EXPIRY Date - Results date or Test date

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsorc said:
I have a question regarding this. Lets say i get an ITA in march 2017. My ielts results will expire sept 2017. Should i do another ielts or this will work? Thanks
As long as you submit your eAPR before test expiry date your test results won't expire.

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
DelPiero07 said:
As long as you submit your eAPR before test expiry date your test results won't expire.
Hey Del, I am applying for the 3rd time (Express Entry) and I don't know how I missed this part. My ielts test date is 6 Dec 2014, I got ITA on 30 Nov 2016 and eAOR on 11 Dec, but on the CIC, it says:

Note: Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

So I am good for the first part (when you complete your Express Entry profile) and it`s not clear for the 2nd part (and when you apply for PR), Kindly I need your valuable advice, should I email them or just wait, because I don`t want to be rejected for the 3rd time ....

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
At the time of AOR, your tests had expired. There is no point in emailing them as your language tests were expired. You would need to retake the test and reapply.

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
Dear All,

i have a situation, in my EE profile i have entered details of IELTS, before receiving ITA i improve my IELTS, but didn't update EE profile and submit my EPAR, but i mention the new IE:TS details in the Epar and also upload the new IELTS to IRCC, will that be problem and can be a reason of my rejection?

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
Date of the test counts, thats what they have said to me in the IELTS centre too, schedule another IELTS and re-enter the pool
But in the case of EOR victims, isn't it unfair?

I sat for IELTS on 06 April 2019. After 14 days I got my result and missed clb9 by .5 in writing. I immediately applied for EOR. In the meantime. I missed 1st May Draw (cut off 450) for that. Fortunately, on May 25th I got my EOR result and my score improved from 6.5 to 7. But the irony is, the crs point that I have right now, 450, is not sufficient at this moment. Now I have enrolled in a Masters program to improve my CRS score from 450 to 470 up.

My masters will finish in End January 2021. And I think it will take at least April 2021 to do my new ECA. As my result was re-evaluated and I couldn't use it before May 25th 2019, Should I expect CIC to understand my case and consider my new result date as the timeline to calculate the expiry date of it?

In short, Can I submit my AOR before May 25th 2021 to get PR with that IETLS score as my TRF date shows May 25th 2019?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Ielts expires 2 years from the test date and not result date. at the time of ITA your language scores has expired. You'd have to retake the ielts making sure your CRS doesn't fall below the cut off. Book a test soon so you get your results soon and you know where you stand with regards to using the same ITA. At the same time, you need enough time to prepare for the ielts so that you don't get a poor score and go below the cut off.
Can you please share a source that says its the test date and not the result date for validity purposes? My friends are not believing me.