+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS EXPIRY Date - Results date or Test date

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
Hi, I have received ITA in last draw on 08 Feb 2017.

I have written my IELTS Test on 07 Feb 2015 so if I go by IELTS test date, it has expired but TRF has 18 Feb 2015 date (results date).

Need advice what should I do -

1) Submit the Express entry application for this ITA before 18 Feb 2017 ( 2 years from the test results)
2) Rewrite the IELTS test and recalculate my score based on new test results and incase my score is greater than minimum score for this round of invitation and then Submit the Express entry application for this ITA. There is uncertainty to maintain same score so I will be doing education assessment for my spouse to help in recalculation
3) Decline the ITA and reenter the pool with new IELTS.

Please advise...

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Date of the test counts, thats what they have said to me in the IELTS centre too, schedule another IELTS and re-enter the pool

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
Should I go with option 2...

2) Rewrite the IELTS test and recalculate my score based on new test results and incase my score is greater than minimum score for this round of invitation and then Submit the Express entry application for this ITA. There is uncertainty to maintain same score so I will be doing education assessment for my spouse to help in recalculation

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi. IELTS score is valid from 2 years of result dat and not the examination date. So date for you is 18th Feb. Now even if you submit your express entry profile before 18th feb, you will not be getting ITA before 18th feb. As per CIC, you must have a valid IELTS score at the time of submitting e-APR (online application for PR which you submit after getting ITA).. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp)

So you better go for new IELTS exam and then apply

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
ashwani.m said:
Hi. IELTS score is valid from 2 years of result dat and not the examination date. So date for you is 18th Feb. Now even if you submit your express entry profile before 18th feb, you will not be getting ITA before 18th feb. As per CIC, you must have a valid IELTS score at the time of submitting e-APR (online application for PR which you submit after getting ITA).. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp)

So you better go for new IELTS exam and then apply
No. DATE OF THE EXAM

CIC:
How long language test results are valid for

Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence. If you haven’t been invited, you may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you will be in the pool.

If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:

be tested again,
apply before your test results expire, or
decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future.

If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we will refuse your application.

Another source:

As per new directions of CIC, the validity period of IELTS result for Canada Immigration is 2 years. For instance, if you have taken the test on 2 January 2012 than it will valid till 01 January 2014. In addition, the validity of IELTS itself is 2 years. So keeping in mind the validity period of IELTS test and your immigration case processing time you can decide the date of taking the IELTS test.

It is also recommended that dont wait for the time when CHC demand documents to finalize your immigration case. But try to well prepare IELTS and take it time before the expected time of Immigration.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
UKAN85 said:
Should I go with option 2...

YES

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
astralsource said:
No. DATE OF THE EXAM

CIC:
How long language test results are valid for

Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence. If you haven’t been invited, you may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you will be in the pool.

If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:

be tested again,
apply before your test results expire, or
decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future.

If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we will refuse your application.

Another source:

As per new directions of CIC, the validity period of IELTS result for Canada Immigration is 2 years. For instance, if you have taken the test on 2 January 2012 than it will valid till 01 January 2014. In addition, the validity of IELTS itself is 2 years. So keeping in mind the validity period of IELTS test and your immigration case processing time you can decide the date of taking the IELTS test.

It is also recommended that dont wait for the time when CHC demand documents to finalize your immigration case. But try to well prepare IELTS and take it time before the expected time of Immigration.
I agree that it should be 2 years but everywhere they mention the "language test results" instead of "language test date"?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
UKAN85 said:
I agree that it should be 2 years but everywhere they mention the "language test results" instead of "language test date"?
I know but IELTS says that their test is valid 2 years since the DATE OF THE EXAM and the same I found through google.

Maybe someone else has some other informations, you should wait a little. But could you make it until 18 February even if you want to try? Maybe you should try it, in worst case you will be denied, but in the same time you could schedule another exam.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UKAN85 said:
Language test results mean the outcome of the test u took. This doesn't mean the date the result was/is announce.

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
I have registered for the test on 04 Mar 2017 so based on responses it seems Option #2 to be best for me to go with...

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Ascent said:
Language test results mean the outcome of the test u took. This doesn't mean the date the result was/is announce.
Wrong, Ascent..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-the-exact-ielts-expiry-date-the-test-day-or-the-result-day-t465972.0.html

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ielts expires 2 years from the test date and not result date. at the time of ITA your language scores has expired. You'd have to retake the ielts making sure your CRS doesn't fall below the cut off. Book a test soon so you get your results soon and you know where you stand with regards to using the same ITA. At the same time, you need enough time to prepare for the ielts so that you don't get a poor score and go below the cut off.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
xpressentry said:
Ielts expires 2 years from the test date and not result date. at the time of ITA your language scores has expired. You'd have to retake the ielts making sure your CRS doesn't fall below the cut off. Book a test soon so you get your results soon and you know where you stand with regards to using the same ITA. At the same time, you need enough time to prepare for the ielts so that you don't get a poor score and go below the cut off.
Finally some common sense. +1

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
UKAN85 said:
I have registered for the test on 04 Mar 2017 so based on responses it seems Option #2 to be best for me to go with...
Good

bsorc

Jan 4, 2017
united arab emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
25 may 2017
I have a question regarding this. Lets say i get an ITA in march 2017. My ielts results will expire sept 2017. Should i do another ielts or this will work? Thanks