+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS EXPIRY AND NEW CITIZENSHIP....Please advice...

Sarass01

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted along with application
Med's Request
Received 27/01/2012 and august 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012 and september 12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Hi im the process of PR application through London CHC ..My file is "in process since feb 2011" havent heard anything from CHC since .
I have two queries

1 My IELTS will be expired this September ..is that mean if i am not called for the medicals within a month ,i might be asked for another IELTS?

2.As i am living in Europe now over a period of time im eligible to apply for a citizenship here.If i does that would it affect my PR process in anyway?

Thanks very much in advance

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) you don't want new IELTS once its submitted during your stage 1 / stage 2 application. (that you already mentioned in your signature).
2) No, it will not affect, doesn't matter.

OMM

Sarass01

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted along with application
Med's Request
Received 27/01/2012 and august 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012 and september 12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Thank you very much Omm

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
1) you don't want new IELTS once its submitted during your stage 1 / stage 2 application. (that you already mentioned in your signature).
2) No, it will not affect, doesn't matter.

OMM
Hi omm,

I think the question being asked by OP is - If s/he has to rewrite IELTS again, since it is going to expire this September (2yr validity from 2009 in this case).

There is no need to rewrite IELTS because it was valid when s/he send it to CIO.

Mitali

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mitali, 2years validity is effective from end of December 2010, before that all IELTS valid for 1year only.
in this OP case once valid IELTS submitted with application and he/she already awarded >67 points to eligible. in this case no need new or Re-write IELTS.
So, OP don't have to seat again for IELTS.

OMM

comments on your this line : "There is no need to rewrite IELTS because it was valid when s/he send it to CIO"
My comments: for Old applicants IELTS have to have valid once his/her file reached to his/her local VO (not to CIO). with old applicant they are elligible to send application without IELTS, becasue VO ask for full-docs to submit within 120days (including IELTS result), so, mostly before june 2010 applicants follow this steps. even me too, I didn't send my IELTS to CIO, I sent it with full documents to my local VO (Buffalo). my IELTS valid for 1year only and still VO not asked for new becasue once it's already submitted valid IELTS result as per VO's instructions with Full doceuments.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
Mitali, 2years validity is effective from end of December 2010, before that all IELTS valid for 1year only.
in this OP case once valid IELTS submitted with application and he already awarded >67 points to eligible. in this case no need new or Re-write IELTS.
So, OP don't have to seat again for IELTS.

OMM
Thanks Omm....that's what I thought. The mention of - Validity 2ys from 2009 in my post was specific for the OP. I know the change in rules for IELTS kicked in Dec 2010....sorry for not writing it properly.

Mitali

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
effective date : December 23, 2010. with new rules IELTS valid for 2years and must be General Training only.
Before VO accepted both Academic and GT.
now only GT for immigration.

OMM

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
effective date : December 23, 2010. with new rules IELTS valid for 2years and must be General Training only.
Before VO accepted both Academic and GT.
now only GT for immigration.

OMM
I know omm (have been there!!) ....your info is well appreciated.

Mitali

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mitali, whats your status on immigration (FSW!!!). if you don't mind please share with us here or please update signature contents OR you already landed in the CANADA?

OMM