+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS expired after ITA and before AOR ?????

Waleed Mostafa

Feb 18, 2013
I have received ITA in the last draw under FSW (27/3) . my score is 468 at the time of invitation . My IELTS was also valid at the time of ITA . KNowing that my IELTS will expire on the next 6/4/2015 . I have reset for IELTS and got less score . my new score if we consider the new IELTS is 457 . Do I provide my old IELTS or the new Huh

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would provide both if possible or the most recent unexpired one. But CIC makes it clear that even if you have to retake IELTS (which I also do), if your EE score remains above the lowest score accepted in your draw, you are still good to go. Your draw went down to 453, your new score is 457, so no worries - include the new, lower, valid IELTS.

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hello Waleed.... were you able to get through your application for Permanent Residence with this lower score since i am into a similar situation right now...
thnks, Sandeep

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
sandy04_2000 said:
Hello Waleed.... were you able to get through your application for Permanent Residence with this lower score since i am into a similar situation right now...
thnks, Sandeep
IELTS must be valid at least until AOR. If it expires between ITA and AOR you must take a new test and submit those scores. If the new score is lower but still puts you above minimum cut-off of the draw, feel free to submit the application (make sure you enter new IELTS TRF number in the application).

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
No Man Left Behind said:
IELTS must be valid at least until AOR. If it expires between ITA and AOR you must take a new test and submit those scores. If the new score is lower but still puts you above minimum cut-off of the draw, feel free to submit the application (make sure you enter new IELTS TRF number in the application).
Thank you so much for your advise.... I submitted my application.

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
No Man Left Behind said:
Hello,

I applied with the new lower IELTS score of 5.5 in Listening/Writing and the immigration officer Refused my application for the same although before submitting the application I recalculated my score which was still above the cut-off of the draw. There is nowhere written on the website that I can't apply if my score is less than 6 after I received an ITA.

Can I appeal for this decision?

Please check and advise

Regards,
Sandeep

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
sandy04_2000 said:
Hello,

I applied with the new lower IELTS score of 5.5 in Listening/Writing and the immigration officer Refused my application for the same although before submitting the application I recalculated my score which was still above the cut-off of the draw. There is nowhere written on the website that I can't apply if my score is less than 6 after I received an ITA.

Can I appeal for this decision?

Please check and advise

Regards,
Sandeep
Does this address what you believe is a mistake? (Not sure whether you are FSW, CEC, or FST)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

A 5.5 score in listening and writing corresponds to a CLB 6 so you only meet the minimum language requirements for FST or CEC with NOC B job.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
dan_and said:
You not only need to maintain a CRS score above the cut-off score, but you also must still meet the program eligibility criteria.

As pointed out by muxican, your writing score has dropped below the critical threshold of CLB 7, which renders you ineligible for FSW and all CEC NOC classes except NOC Class B.

So if you were invited under any of these programs, your lower score made you ineligible and the application was correctly refused.

You need to create a new EE profile and ideally take a new IELTS test that is as good or better than the one you originally applied with.
I just realized he/she applied under the FSW stream so that is exactly what happened and the application got correctly refused.

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Guys pls suggest my IELTS score going to expire after AOR & before PR decision, do I still need to retake IELTS??

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Guys pls suggest my IELTS score going to expire after AOR & before PR decision, do I still need to retake IELTS??
No need to retake if it is expires also once you have submitted your application.

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
Hi. I have obtained an ITA and am in the process of gathering my documents for submission. I still have around 60+ days remaining to submit my final application. Meanwhile, my IELTS score has expired. But, it was on the basis of my existing IELTS score that I obtained my ITA. Now that I have obtained my ITA, should I give a fresh IELTS test? My test results have expired on July 20th, 2017. Kindly advice asap. Thank you.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi. I have obtained an ITA and am in the process of gathering my documents for submission. I still have around 60+ days remaining to submit my final application. Meanwhile, my IELTS score has expired. But, it was on the basis of my existing IELTS score that I obtained my ITA. Now that I have obtained my ITA, should I give a fresh IELTS test? My test results have expired on July 20th, 2017. Kindly advice asap. Thank you.
Yes, you have to resit the test and submit new scores, providing your CRS will not drop below the cut off of the draw.