+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Exemption for AINP (H1B Stream)

vvv123

Mar 18, 2009
1) I am an australian permanent resident and indian citizen.
2) I had masters in india and Australia.
3) I have been working in IT from last 4 years (2 years in Aus and 2 years in US).
4) Right now I am in US on H1B.
5) I had IELTS with all 7's (2 yeras old)

Now I would like to process AINP (H1B Stream) application from US.

Is there any chance to get IETLS exemption ?
If yes, what is the procedure for that.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
Vi

akk

Sep 2, 2008
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/to-all-members-read-faq-before-posting-t15690.0.html

Read before posting...

Akk

vvv123

Mar 18, 2009
Thanks akk, really appreciate your reply.

I have been epxlored in different web sites, but I couldnt able to find the right answer. That is what the reason of posting of this question in forum. Anyways, thanks again for your answer and please try to convey your message in decent way.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
vvv123 said:
Thanks akk, really appreciate your reply.

I have been epxlored in different web sites, but I couldnt able to find the right answer. That is what the reason of posting of this question in forum. Anyways, thanks again for your answer and please try to convey your message in decent way.
IELTS is not required.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvv123 said:
What's wrong with Australia? Why do you want to become a Canadian PR? Nothing personal, just curious as I was looking to apply for Australian PR over Canadian PR a little while ago, but decided to go with Canadian route as it will be an easier move for me and my family. The place I want to live in Alberta is 10 hours drive from where I live. So, it's not bad. Thanks.

vvv123

Mar 18, 2009
nix1 said:
vvv123 said:
What's wrong with Australia? Why do you want to become a Canadian PR? Nothing personal, just curious as I was looking to apply for Australian PR over Canadian PR a little while ago, but decided to go with Canadian route as it will be an easier move for me and my family. The place I want to live in Alberta is 10 hours drive from where I live. So, it's not bad. Thanks.
Nothing wrong with australia. Its is almost similar to canada except weather. I mean Aus weather is always better then any other country. In terms of living, canada is far better. Other good thing with canada is, it is close to US. I mean whenever we want jump into US, canada would be the right option. Moreover if you want to earn quick money, australian and UK is much prefarable. For any kind of professional jobs, US and Canada is the best. By the way, If already have your canadian PR , Why are you applying for Aus PR.

Thanks.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Why do you say "In terms of living, canada is far better"?
Also, do employers pay better in AUS or it is just more likely to get a nice job in AUS? (you said "if you want to earn quick money, australian and UK is much prefarable")?
Just curious, I have never been to AUS.

Akk

vvv123 said:
nix1 said:
vvv123 said:
Nothing wrong with australia. Its is almost similar to canada except weather. I mean Aus weather is always better then any other country. In terms of living, canada is far better. Other good thing with canada is, it is close to US. I mean whenever we want jump into US, canada would be the right option. Moreover if you want to earn quick money, australian and UK is much prefarable. For any kind of professional jobs, US and Canada is the best. By the way, If already have your canadian PR , Why are you applying for Aus PR.

Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvv123 said:

Thanks.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. No, I do not have Canadian PR. I got my nomination from Alberta under H1B stream about 2 months ago, but I have not been able to send my docs to CIC Buffalo as I am waiting for State Police Certificates.

Everybody I have talked to thinks that Australia is far better than Canada in terms of job opportunities (especially in IT field) and weather. Those were the main reasons I was thinking about applying for AUS PR over Canada PR, but Alberta opened an 'easy' door for me and many others who are working in the US and I decided to go with this route than applying for AUS PR. And I think my family and I will be much happier in Canada than in Australia. We like cold weather. We love snow and outdoors. I am dreaming of Jasper and Banff in Alberta.

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
Now the topic is going so I wnat ask one thing what are the prespects for a IT person in Canada espcially if ur a CRM consultant.Hoping for your replies.

Thanks & Regards

vvv123

Mar 18, 2009
nix1 said:
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. No, I do not have Canadian PR. I got my nomination from Alberta under H1B stream about 2 months ago, but I have not been able to send my docs to CIC Buffalo as I am waiting for State Police Certificates.

Everybody I have talked to thinks that Australia is far better than Canada in terms of job opportunities (especially in IT field) and weather. Those were the main reasons I was thinking about applying for AUS PR over Canada PR, but Alberta opened an 'easy' door for me and many others who are working in the US and I decided to go with this route than applying for AUS PR. And I think my family and I will be much happier in Canada than in Australia. We like cold weather. We love snow and outdoors. I am dreaming of Jasper and Banff in Alberta.
There is no diff in canada and Aus in terms of facilities provides by govt, ex : medicare,accessing public funds from govt incase of unemployement. The good thing about aus is , if you have child or children aus govt will pay you money regardless of whether you are employed are unemployed. On top of it, if your child bron in Aus after getting your PR. They will give
you $1000 on the spot. For second child it could be $3000, 3rd will be more and so on...
So, these are the some good advantages of having Aus PR. But on top of everything TAX is a killer almost you got to pay 35 % of tax. But as I said you before , your medicare will totally free. So, It might be compensate.
Coming to professional jobs in Aus, its really hard to find 100+ k jobs. But here in US or canada, getting to high paid jobs is a piece of cake. Right now, there are only few cities in australia where you can find some white collar jobs, I mean Melbourne,Sydney,Brisbane, Perth are only those cities. Infact 65% of Aus population is Syd and Mel. So you can imagine the situation.
The other good thing with Aus, they will pay you good money for odd jobs. Almost they pay you around $16 to $35. So,if anyone want to earn some quick money. Aus could be the right option.

Any more questions. Please let me know.

vvv123

Mar 18, 2009
redstar said:
Hi Friends
Now the topic is going so I wnat ask one thing what are the prespects for a IT person in Canada espcially if ur a CRM consultant.Hoping for your replies.

Thanks & Regards
Are you particulary asking about Canada or Alberta ???
If you apply your PR thru FSW. I think, you life would become much easier.

Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks vvv123. No more questions for now. Good luck to you with the Alberta process.