+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS and TEF Expiratation while OINP application in progress

Dijalpha

Jan 7, 2023
Hi All,
Please can you help me, I need help.

I received NOI from Ontario on September 23, 2022 (French Speaking) in my EE profile. I created my OINP e-filling Portal and submitted my application on the OINP e-filling Portal on November 3rd, 22. The application moved from the statuses submitted, Assessing to Decision in Progress (still pending).

Now, my IELTS already expired on December 20, 2022 (after I submitted it to OINP). My Express Entry profile is still valid and active as IELTS was my second langue. On the other hand, my wife's TEF Canada will expire on February 20, 2023.

My questions are:
  • If OINP doesn't nominate me before then, and my wife's TEF expired, my EE profile will become ineligible. Should I reschedule a new TEF test for my wife, wait for the result and create a new profile? Write to OINP with the details of the newly created Express Entry profile?
  • My IELTS was not expired before I submitted it to the OINP e-portal. Should I also retake IELTS?
  • Let's assume OINP nominates me and IRCC issued an ITA, before February 20, 2023. Will I retake IELTS and my wife TEF?
Note: When my IELTS expired I lose some points on my EE profile, but I was still above the lowest CRS score that OINP issued NOI for.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.