Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ! I have done IELTS "Academic" and i am now applying for Canadian skilled workers programme. Do i need to do IELTS "General"?

IELTS ACADEMIC IS ACCEPTED OR NOT ?

THANKS.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
cutemedo said:
Hello ! I have done IELTS "Academic" and i am now applying for Canadian skilled workers programme. Do i need to do IELTS "General"?

THANKS.
Only GENERAL is accepted

Ashraf

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutemedo said:

THANKS.
As long as your Acadmic IELTS is less than one year old at the time of application, you can use it.

As of 2010-04-01, academic IELTS started being accepted (per OP-6 p. 32 @http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf)

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

"Note: IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option."

DrDanishHabib

Jan 22, 2011
THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING IELTS ACADEMIC

i applied in sep2010 and 2days back i got an official e-mail from CIO that i'm required to submitt IELTS-GT even though i scored 8.5 in IELTS academic
this clearly shows that they are not accepting IELTS ACADEMIC

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE FORWARD ME THE ORIGINAL PDF OF "OP 6", the link has been updated and the current version is of dec-2010, kindly send me "OP 6" version updated in MAy10 or June2010

thanks

Mayla

Feb 24, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am in the same position as DrDanishHabib. I scored 8.5 in an Academic IELTS last July. Now my laywers tell me Immigration wont accept it and that I have to do the GEneral one again.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of a waiver? Especially since Academic is tougher than General, i really dont see why they should not accept it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Mayla

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mayla said:
Hi Everyone,

I am in the same position as DrDanishHabib. I scored 8.5 in an Academic IELTS last July. Now my laywers tell me Immigration wont accept it and that I have to do the GEneral one again.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of a waiver? Especially since Academic is tougher than General, i really dont see why they should not accept it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Mayla
It is general or a refusal, your choice.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Mayla said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Mayla
You must sit for GT IELTS otherwise you will be rejected. You are lucky that your lawyer is informed about this. Many applicants got their applications returned only because their lawyer ensured them about the acceptibility of Academic IELTS which was wrong.

lizte88

Mar 4, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
VO-MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC.11, 2010-All Documents send to NVS
Doc's Request.
DEC. 18, 2010 -courier
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
SEPT. 10, 2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
N/A i hope so!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
b4 na yr. end 2011
hi guys im also took my IELTS as academic last sept2010 and i got the score of 9.0.i send my full documents under new rules that all documents must send to sydney,nova scotia but until now i have not yet any reply email or call that i have to send a general ielts o rejected to return my documents i hope not god help us........ :( im NOC FSW 3112....................no one tell me what to take before i took my exam including my consultants in immigration or my professor in my review.......but i hope they will accept that exam...coz time is gold.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
lizte88 said:
hi guys im also took my IELTS as academic last sept2010 and i got the score of 9.0.i send my full documents under new rules that all documents must send to sydney,nova scotia but until now i have not yet any reply email or call that i have to send a general ielts o rejected to return my documents i hope not god help us........ :( im NOC FSW 3112....................no one tell me what to take before i took my exam including my consultants in immigration or my professor in my review.......but i hope they will accept that exam...coz time is gold.
Sit for General training IELTS immidiately. your application will get returned to your address for sure within a month or two, since CIO will not gonna accept your Academic IELTS.
When did you send your application to CIO?

randzrnmsn

Jun 20, 2011
to: DrDanishHabib

Hi. I just want to ask if they send back your application since you submit academis result for Ielts? or they just emailed you and send the general results as sson you got the result? I am planning to submit my application but Ihave academic result as well but due to take general version on July 9, 2011 and that the result will be release july 22, 2011. Do you think they will accept my application and just attach the confirmation letter and receipt that I will take the exam on july 9? and just send the results July 22. thank you so much

randzrnmsn

Jun 20, 2011
Hi everyone! Need some suggestion please. I am planning to submit my application under FSW this july 1, 2011. I heard that CIO will not accept if you submit academic Ielts result. I am due to take the General on July 9 and the release will be july 22. Are they going to accept my application and just attach a letter of confirmation and receipt that I am going to take the general test on that date and submit the result on july 22? I am concerned with the cap that will close immediately if I will wait until july 22. Thank you very much..

randzrnmsn

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
randzrnmsn said:
Hi everyone! Need some suggestion please. I am planning to submit my application under FSW this july 1, 2011. I heard that CIO will not accept if you submit academic Ielts result. I am due to take the General on July 9 and the release will be july 22. Are they going to accept my application and just attach a letter of confirmation and receipt that I am going to take the general test on that date and submit the result on july 22? I am concerned with the cap that will close immediately if I will wait until july 22. Thank you very much..

randzrnmsn
they will not accept it...without GT IELTS they will just return your application package to your address.
Get the GT IELTS result first, then apply