+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 8th July 2017

GlebPermiakov

Jul 15, 2017
Hello,mates!
Glad to share my anxiety with you!))
In the 4th section of listening test i missed the part of recording related to answers 38 and 39, however, i wrote them according to my logic: 38 present (instead of gift) and 39 evaluation (instead of perception).
I realise that "evaluation" will be hardly accepted as correct answer, it is so pity, because i was thinking about a word with correct meaning, but i couldn't remember exactly the term "perception"... :-( ... so, let it be.

In fact, i want to ask about the word "present" - if it may be recognised equal to the word "gift" in this context?

bigbroda

Jul 15, 2017
I remember some answers not any particular order.
Round
Silver
Ice (machine at the party)
Section 4
Perception
Gift
Milk or food (not sure)

Bird (Tour that takes place in d evening) not sure though
Nice one. Dat question with milk, fruit or food answer has been controversial here. I actually chose food initially but later changed it to milk. I believe it's obviously not food cos food was written as part of d question as one of d waste. I didn't see it until during d given 10 minutes after d first 30 minutes. I kinda heard milk so it was my next option. Could be fruit though. Success to us all.

bigbroda

Jul 15, 2017
Yes, we had the same test
My answers
1-10
Phone number
Husband
Silver
Barbecue
Square (your answer is round)- not sure which is correct
Plastic
Large
Ice

11-20
String
Shade
Spoon
14-17 - don't remember
Bird
Night
Roses

21-30
21 -B growing population
22 - Don't Remember
23 - cheaper parking on the left side
24 - it encourage peop
25 don't remember
26-30 BABCA

31-40
Coffee
Diamonds
Obesity
Economical
Fruit
Gift
Perception

Do you remember your answers for 26-30?
Plz, share if possible
Dat's very brilliant of u 2 have remembered all these. We have similar answers. Lemme compare/state d differences:
1-10
Barbecue-Heater
Square-Round

11-20
String-Strings(hope they give it to me. Actually wrote string initially but later changed it to plural when I read d question. It's(d question) something like 'garden should be made of .......'. Felt it should b in plural but kinda heard string sha.
Also can't remember 14-17

21-30
Can't remember quite well what I wrote. Similar to what u have I guess.

31-40
We have d similar answers here but I didn't put 's' after diamond. Seems most people here put 's'. D question was like 'sales increases when items are displayed beside precious items such as. ........'

What do u think about dis singular/plural forms of answers guyz? I personally believe they should usually/always mark both correctly. What's your take guyz?

Last edited:

Kingsley2017

Jul 11, 2017
Nice one. Dat question with milk, fruit or food answer has been controversial here. I actually chose food initially but later changed it to milk. I believe it's obviously not food cos food was written as part of d question as one of d waste. I didn't see it until during d given 10 minutes after d first 30 minutes. I kinda heard milk so it was my next option. Could be fruit though. Success to us all.
Ok nice one brother...
Please how about ur reading?

Kingsley2017

Jul 11, 2017
Dat's very brilliant of u 2 have remembered all these. We have similar answers. Lemme compare/state d differences:
1-10
Barbecue-Heater
Square-Round

11-20
String-Strings(hope they give it to me. Actually wrote string initially but later changed it to plural when I read d question. It's(d question) something like 'garden should be made of .......'. Felt it should b in plural but kinda heard string sha.
Also can't remember 14-17

21-30
Can't remember quite well what I wrote. Similar to what u have I guess.

31-40
We have d similar answers here but I didn't put 's' after diamond. Seems most people here put 's'. D question was like 'sales increases when items are displayed beside precious items such as. ........'

What do u think about dis singular/plural forms of answers guyz? I personally believe they should usually/always mark both correctly. What's your take guyz?
Excellent how about the reading.. can you remember ur answers?

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
You are right food was already in the question like 3or 4 words away from the missing word. I doubted milk too when I was going to pick it cos I don't think milk could be measured in kilos. So I think fruit may be it. The other one that gave me a tough time was Gift and savings. I heard both so I noted on the question paper. But i read and read d sentence again but couldn't figure it out so I chose savings but afterwards I think its gift.

Reactions: bigbroda

bigbroda

Jul 15, 2017
Excellent how about the reading.. can you remember ur answers?
Can't remember most o. Can easily remember when I see someone's own just as I did in listening as stated above. Can however remember few/some. Lemme try:
1-10
Talking about a dance group and their chosen theatre. D first part was d true, false and not given type of question. One was something like: d professor found d dance group. Dat's not true(false). It was after d group was formed dat they went to talk the prof to be their patron or something.
They also said something like a particular hall was chosen to temporarily. I think dat's not given.
Can't remember much here.

11-20
About different websites with different features/characteristics and questions. Questions like which website does so so so thing. It's d matching type of questions. Matching d websites with some details provided in d options. I remember one was: doesn't provide details about how to get to tourist centers around. Another was asking for d websites dat gives u link to other websites for informations not available on it, etc. It's hard to say d options one chose in this type of questions.

21-30
This section was about info regarding an employment. Stages involved in being converted to a permanent staff from a temporary staff. Some of d answers:
feedback(what u get from d company after writing a test)
Line Manager(who to confirm from if an expenses would be reimbursed)
Email(advising staff not to check it during work hour)
Utility(utility bill to confirm staff's address)
3 star(hotel staff should stay when on an official trip)
Economy(class of flight to book for local trips)
Line manager(can't remember d other question with dis answer. I think it's who to contact for approval before booking a more expensive hotel)
7(job experience above dis not needed to b stated in d form)
exercises(test to do when shortlisted), etc.

31-40
The first part of this section is matching i.e. matching paragraphs with suitable topics so can't remember most. Others:
About a guy dat travelled far to help earthquake survivors.
Labelling a bridge(one of d answers: deck)
Why d guy abandoned his course(he felt he might not be able to live d same live after graduating)
Steel rope(i think. Material of item given by a foreign company).

hunterswhip

May 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if I am deviating from the topic.
just wanted some guidance.

I have scheduled my IELTS general exam on 29th July and in candidate are of British council it is showing as 'Confirmed', however, I am still to get the confirmation about the venue and timing of the exam through official mail/SMS.
Could you guys please let me know approx. how many days prior to the exam they confirm the same.
If I am already in red zone, whom to connect to get this organized.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards.

Dhiaan

Jul 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if I am deviating from the topic.
just wanted some guidance.

I have scheduled my IELTS general exam on 29th July and in candidate are of British council it is showing as 'Confirmed', however, I am still to get the confirmation about the venue and timing of the exam through official mail/SMS.
Could you guys please let me know approx. how many days prior to the exam they confirm the same.
If I am already in red zone, whom to connect to get this organized.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards.

generally they send you the information a week/10 days before

Reactions: hunterswhip

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
When precisely is our online result coming out? #teamnigeria
I am sure you are as nervous as I am. infact I practically dreamt of my results in various combination overnight;). Well by the mid night of 21st. we should be able to check it. the last one I did I was able to check as early as 6am on the Friday and some peeps claimed they saw theirs earlier