+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6th January 2018 answer key

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
I replied to their standard mail as below
-------------------------- ------------- -----------------------
Dear,
I can understand that the exam needs quantity control mechanism,however there should be a method and timelines for the same.You can not simple carry out an investigation for ever.Its also a suggestion to develop a strategy and plan for future quality control checks.Just because we have agreed to your terms and conditions its entirely unethical to delay the result in this manner.Unfortunately we test seeker do not have an alternative choice.In my entire life I have not seen any exam being conducted in such manner.Each day is passing with anger,pain and frustration.Each day is more dangerous than the previous day.Please at least bring the situation under control by providing a deadline.I have appeared for an exam and just asking when will I get the result.

Regards
Gourav
-------
This is really unethical on their part.......And on top of it, they are releasing results of some, and withholding others' result.......at least they should release all results together and have a reasonable timeline.........theoretically speaking, they declare results are 13 days, so even if they are going for 2nd round of re-checking or verification of whatever their so called investigation is, they should come up with results after next period of 13 days

I saw your post of 20 Jan exam page........and now I know what else to expect next

aabeeroy

Feb 9, 2018
Guys who appeared on the 6th of Jan and were waiting for the results. Did you get the results today or you too were asked to wait till the 19th? Please let us know.

ps_ielts

Feb 2, 2018
All who are waiting for IELTS results due to on hold/Withheld email, here is my analysis after appearing 5 time in IELTS exam. out of 5 times, 4 time my result was on hold/withheld and one time canceled :(

There are two types of email subject you could receive

Withheld
This subject line is more concerned, so there could be following expected outcomes

Your score is higher in all modules
you might get results within one - two weeks

You have higher score in listening/reading and lower in one module either speaking or writing
You might get results within one - two weeks

You have higher score in listening/reading and lower(more than 1 band diff) in both modules writing/listening
Here two options can happen.
You might get results between 4 weeks to 2 months
Your results will be canceled permanently

On Hold/Delayed
In this case, you might get results within 1-3 weeks.
How can an uneven score in different modules be the basis to suspect cheating ..i really dont understand ..i have read this on many forums...why is it so difficult to accept the fact that people have different fortes..some can be good at writing and could be weak in speaking ..there could be some with strong speaking skills but poor listening skills...if the teachers start doing this in schools i.e fail a student who doesn't perform equally in maths ,science ,geography ,history and other subjects .. or fail the students who have huge variation in their marks.. i think everyone in the class would flunk..shame on such methods and standards of evaluation.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
How can an uneven score in different modules be the basis to suspect cheating ..i really dont understand ..i have read this on many forums...why is it so difficult to accept the fact that people have different fortes..some can be good at writing and could be weak in speaking ..there could be some with strong speaking skills but poor listening skills...if the teachers start doing this in schools i.e fail a student who doesn't perform equally in maths ,science ,geography ,history and other subjects .. or fail the students who have huge variation in their marks.. i think everyone in the class would flunk..shame on such methods and standards of evaluation.
just a conspiracy theory really this - ignore.

Kunalx1x2

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi All,

Today I got the physical TRF with bullshit score L-8, R-8, W-6, S-8 over all 7.5 (No Mail,sms or online update/s)
After waiting for more than a month I have got this TRF this wasn’t my 1st or 2nd attempt but 8th attempt, although in my 1st 4 attempts i could never score more than 6.5 in writing but then I slogged for written part and managed to score 7.5 or 7 in writing module, but unfortunately slipped by 0.5 in either listening or reading, not sure why was this happening to me... very frustrating situation through out for me. But this time i was pretty sure about my all the modules but initially I was kept waiting for results, now a trash score again. Now I really feel they are just conspiring to suck money.
My Best Scores in each Modules are L8.5 (Multiple Times) R 8.5 (Multiple Times) , S 8.5 (twice, 8 multiple times 7.5 least) W 7.5 (once, 7 two more times). But never in a set for CLB 9. Now I m feeling like quitting, I guesss this is intended by IELTS or IDP to make money by failing canditates just by 0.5 in one of the modules.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hi All,

Today I got the physical TRF with bullshit score L-8, R-8, W-6, S-8 over all 7.5 (No Mail,sms or online update/s)
After waiting for more than a month I have got this TRF this wasn’t my 1st or 2nd attempy but 8th attempt, although in my 1st 4 attempts i could never score more than 6.5 in writing but then I slogged for written part and managed to score 7.5 or 7 in writing module, but unfortunately slipped by 0.5 in either listening or reading, not sure why was this happening to me... very frustrating situation through out for me. But this time i was pretty sure about my all the modules but initially I was kept waiting for results now a trash score again. Now I really feel they are just conspiring to suck money.
My Best Scores in each Modules are L8.5 (Multiple Times) R 8.5 (Multiple Times) , S 8.5 (twice, 8 multiple times 7.5 least) W 7.5 (once, 7 two more times). But never in a set for CLB 9. Now I m feeling like quitting, I guesss this is intended by IELTS or IDP to make money by failing canditates just by 0.5 in one of the modules.
You should at least try for EOR or comments form them before quitting
Also I would say thay you just try one more time ignoring your earlier attempts just think you have to score 7 in writing

Just do it one more time without fear of failing...I assure you would succeed..bcoz you can do as you have done..just try with one more time with high confidence and belief..

All the best bro

Reactions: Kunalx1x2

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hi All,

After waiting for more than a month I have got this TRF this wasn’t my 1st or 2nd attempt but 8th attempt, although in my 1st 4 attempts i could never score more than 6.5 in writing but then I slogged for written part and managed to score 7.5 or 7 in writing module, but unfortunately slipped by 0.5 in either listening or reading, not sure why was this happening to me... very frustrating situation through out for me. But this time i was pretty sure about my all the modules but initially I was kept waiting for results, now a trash score again. Now I really feel they are just conspiring to suck money.
I feel for you but also hats off to your indomitable spirit. I would want you sit one more time with an fearless attitude and got nothing to loose. Just for writing, may i suggest to just focus on getting the structure right and ensure you aren't writing too much...

Good luck and I hope you get the score you want..

Asmasohail

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hi All,

Hats off to your courage... really we all should be like you.... dont give up... please sit for one more time...

jasmitsc

Feb 10, 2018
Hi

I appeared from the Mumbai WTC center, 6th Jan.Facing the same shit! just one communication on postponement and there after nothing no idea about my results.

I contacted idp australia n they are giving the same reason of additional scrutiny with no deadline

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi

I appeared from the Mumbai WTC center, 6th Jan.Facing the same shit! just one communication on postponement and there after nothing no idea about my results.

I contacted idp australia n they are giving the same reason of additional scrutiny with no deadline
whoaa, that's bad. I attempted it from the same venue and the peeps I know personally all got their results long ago, including me.

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I kind of feel screwed up, mine is still withheld for 6th Jan and people are saying that it might be 2 months or 6 months or never. I have lost all hope on this one. Will take the plunge again but not sure if this is the right time, because they again fu*** some people in 20th Jan test, many are waiting there too.