+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hello, did you get it this time?
Hey yes. Got 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7 - LRWS.... my total points are now 447... however the cut off for last four times was 457, 454,451 and 451. So I am thinking of going for re evaluation for speaking and writing... I don’t think writing will increase but my speaking has always been 7.5 or 8. I have already spent a lot of money.... so some more on re evaluation is ok ... I guess if my score in any increases by .5 .... my points will be 450

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I think you can apply if you have the experience letter. They don't see that whether employer has crefit money in your account or not. Just get the experience letter. And proof of funds separately. PleadP confirm from other people as well because this is just my assumption.
I guess I need to furnish your salary slips for last 3 or 6 months...if I have them then it’s ok

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

I got L-8 WRS-6.5, please provide me with any reliable online source to prepare for ielts exam on June 1, 2019 i would really appreciate

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I still think it was semi formal. You know, I think something is wrong with their assessment. In my first time I didn't use synonyms, condition forms, my structure was poor and so on, and I got 6.0. after 1 year of hard preparation now I don't do mistakes, my structure is great, use many forms of grammar, do not repeat words and again 6.0. I think they don't mark needed score due to nationality.
I think it was idp, the usual one.
I got 6.5 in writing too, but i know exactly where i went wrong; forgot to respond to the next part of the question and spelled some words wrong.
In your case, if everything has been perfect, then try to find out if your essay has the proper argument. A good essay always has a purpose( argument in Ielts case) .

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Ar
My cue card was on skills and in the 3rd part, examiner asked me following questions:

What kind of skills children should learn?
What skills they learn at home and at school?
What skills do the parents teach and what teachers teach?
What skills small children should learn before going to school?
Do they take interest in learning these skills?
How do they feel about it?
How they are useful to them?
And 2 or 3 more similar to above.

Since all questions were rounding here and there, I was repeating my answers around moral values, educational skills, etiquette, behavior and like that. I got nervous and lost my smile and confidence. For 1 question I said, that learning skills will stimulate them to do things better.

I got result and scored perfect 877 in LRW but 6.5 in speaking. This is really disappointing as in my previous attempt I did manage to score 7 in speaking, albeit 6 in writing.

I was feeling confident until I finished the cue card and before she bombarded myriad of questions about the skills. (Although she said that she will be discussing 1 or 2 general questions related to my cue card)

**Now I have applied for revaluation in speaking section and it looks like a gamble.**

****May I know what are the chances of getting 7? Does the senior examiner know that I got 6.5 and gracefully he/she increase my mark by 0.5 considering that my original examiner wasn't too friendly and was in hurry)****

On 6th April (LRW day), I did discuss my experience with few more candidates and whoever had the same examiner as mine, told me the same thing that she was not giving enough time to answer and not so friendly too.

Please pray for me that I get this 0.5 extra in speaking.
which place did you appear in ielts from? British council or IDP?
I had a similar speaking experience with the examiner in hyd ( BC)

fuad124

Mar 6, 2019
Guys, if u remember my scores were Listening-8, Reading-9, Writing-6.5, Speaking-8.5. I decided to remark my writing as I was sure AS HELL that my essay is no f*cking on par with 6.5 essays. So, I had it remarked on the same day when my answers released, and BUM my writing increased to 7.0 which I can now apply! Guys, I want you to know that only remark your writing as you are definitely sure of its literacy, grammar, and accuracy and don't believe those negative feedbacks from other test takers. All the best, Good luck to all!

Reactions: bekayy

Rahul03

Apr 21, 2019
Guys, if u remember my scores were Listening-8, Reading-9, Writing-6.5, Speaking-8.5. I decided to remark my writing as I was sure AS HELL that my essay is no f*cking on par with 6.5 essays. So, I had it remarked on the same day when my answers released, and BUM my writing increased to 7.0 which I can now apply! Guys, I want you to know that only remark your writing as you are definitely sure of its literacy, grammar, and accuracy and don't believe those negative feedbacks from other test takers. All the best, Good luck to all!
How many days it took for your EOR? Was it idp or British council?

Rahul03

Apr 21, 2019
it was IDP, I had it remarked on Friday last week, today I received new score. So, it took 5 days
I had also given test through idp and my score is like LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7.Should I go for rechecking for writing section? Plz suggest me

fuad124

Mar 6, 2019
I had also given test through idp and my score is like LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7.Should I go for rechecking for writing section? Plz suggest me
if you are definitely sure that your writing is no way on par with 6.5 essays, then yes you should definitely go for it! If not and your previous writing scores were consistently revolving around 6.5, I'd refrain from doing so. My previous writing scores were consistently 7.5 for the last 2 exam date, so when I got 6.5 I was shocked. I immediately had it remarked as I was sure as hell that my essays should have been given a much better score. If you have doubts and you know your essays were not that rich in terms of high vocabulary, grammar and so on, I'd say book the next exam. In any case, it all boils down to your own judgement. Good Luck!

Reactions: bekayy

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
Guys, I have applied for EOR but my results are still available online. I think once you apply for EOR, results should get frozen. Am I right or this is normal.

harrysandh9

Apr 6, 2019
In EOR form,
1) what we have to write in front of "Centre Name" box ?
2) In "Date" box we have to write test date or date on which we are sending EOR form?